Missouri Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data

This is a discussion on Missouri Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Missouri Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data Looks like we people from Missouri needs to flood our representatives and Governor with strong complaints ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Bark'n
  • 2 Post By GH
  • 1 Post By Hodad

Thread: Missouri Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data

Looks like we people from Missouri needs to flood our representatives and Governor with strong complaints and demand a reason "why" it was done and on whose orders. I am starting NOW.

Highway patrol gave feds Missouri weapon permits data - Columbia Daily Tribune : News
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

I just read that article and in my opinion, am starting to see a pattern of "rogue behavior" in the upper echelon of "The Patrol."

I am especially concerned with the evasive attitude being exhibited by the Superintendent of the Highway Patrol when being questioned about it by elected officials.

The command structure of the Highway Patrol likes to give the impression that "The Patrol" is above reproach. They have the attitude they are "the elite" law enforcement agency of the state and all the other LEO agencies are merely "second string" players. They tend to govern their Troopers with an iron fist and take a hardline approach to their structure.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. But when the commanders have a political agenda, it makes them ripe for corruption.

Just about 2 years ago, The Patrol was involved in a scandal where the put out a memo to all law enforcement agencies to essentially "profile" citizens and classify people as "potential" extremists (domestic terrorists) based on indicators such as NRA decals, molon labe stickers, along with any Republican bumper stickers like Mitt Romney or old Bush stickers. They were wanting to create a database for such "potential subversives" which was done at the request of Big Sis, at DHS.

They knew that was illegal, yet they did it anyway. And they got spanked big time for pulling a stunt like that. But no one would have known what they were up to if a few county sheriffs had not blown the whistle.

If this recent crap proves to have violated state law, then the Superintendent needs to be fired and prosecuted.

The Highway Patrol is quickly losing any integrity it once had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

GH
    I would start a petition or call-in campaign that holds the Governor's feet to the fire to find out who authorized this disclosure to the Feds & who in the Federal Government asked for it & what was his authority to ask. If the Governor isn't the responsible party & if this was a unilateral act by the head of the State Patrol then the question should be asked "what punishment will he receive?"
    Spirit51 and Bark'n like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Did MO not pass a law making this a crime? If I'm right on that then who's head is going to roll, I'm betting there will not be any.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Isn't Missouri the "Show Me" state.

I guess the Obama Administration said "show me" your weapons permit info and some idiot actually did!!

Brilliant!!!!!
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Links