So both GA senators are absolute failures to uphold their sworn oath....

This is a discussion on So both GA senators are absolute failures to uphold their sworn oath.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; According to this GOA news release. both Chambliss and Isakson voted to proceed with the UBC bill.... After countless letters and countless phone calls to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So both GA senators are absolute failures to uphold their sworn oath....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

So both GA senators are absolute failures to uphold their sworn oath....

According to this GOA news release. both Chambliss and Isakson voted to proceed with the UBC bill....

After countless letters and countless phone calls to their offices, after millions upon millions of grass root defenders of our bill of rights pleaded with these two to NOT vote for this they did...

Absolutely miserable oath breaking politician non representative lying ..... And Chambliss isn't even running for office again.

Maybe, and this is with a HUGE grain of salt, maybe they voted to proceed as a strategy to get it on record who votes yea on the real bill and maybe just maybe these same senators are going to vote no on the final bill to make a point.

But again I fool myself by believing that.

Turncoats - Gun Owners of America
    wdbailey likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Quite a few of the little buggers in on this one huh? I wish I could link like that to what this Toomey bill really is, or what Reid managed to turn it into in a day with his amendments. I did stick part of it in a couple of posts but not the entire thing.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

And the Senators that promised to filibuster plain and simple lied to us........... Certainly not good news........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    And the Senators that promised to filibuster plain and simple lied to us........... Certainly not good news........
    Crowman they tried but the filibuster was shut down by vote of some other turncoats. The ones 12 that said they would did make the attempt but the votes were mustered to bust it. I was on the phone with Rand and McConnells folks this morning right after it happened. And also read it in the news, and other gun groups. Those 12 didnt lie but a lot of the supposedly pro gun senators that helped bust the filibuster sure did.
    Tzadik, krisspy and awoodpd13 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I will call them failures and a lot more if they vote for any restrictions. ATM, IMO all they did was allow a vote on the measure.. That's not saying they will vote for it, just not block it from the democratic process. I'm sure they will not hang us out to dry on the debate, but in order for the debate to begin it must have a starting point. IMO, slamming the door after the debate begins can be just as effective as never opening it, but I agree, I would have rather seen a complete filibuster on the issue and shut this administration down on the measure. I believe that would have just kept the bleeding heart libs and the parents in our faces even longer and with more coverage than before. At least now, maybe they can stop being used as pawns and go back home and start healing from their losses.

For me personally it saddens and angers me every time I see them on TV. I feel for them and their loss, but it angers me that they would allow themselves to be used as there are, while not caring that, with their actions and assistance they are allowing our government chip away at our freedoms; like they are somehow immune to the situation because of their loss. What they fail to realize is, once all this is over, the FEDs are gonna continue to steamroll whatever is in their way, and they will soon be a distant memory, and back to the statistical past that they once occupied. Sad, very sad.
    awoodpd13 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I'm waiting to see what the actual votes are on the actual bill before I declare anyone a traitor.

It's like when your wife says, "We need to talk" and you say OK, let's talk. That doesn't automatically mean you are going to agree with whatever it is she says you need to do (because whenever WE need to talk, it is always about something I need to do). Everybody in the Senate already knows what they need to talk about, and most all of them already know what their vote is going to be. All of this "discussion" is purely political window dressing.
    phreddy, mulle46 and glockman10mm like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

They just did what Boss McCain told them to! Besides, they have to look like they're doing something to earn their salary FOR LIFE! Keep it up McCain and Ruger might be moving to Texas too!
    Last edited by JohnHancock; April 12th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

VIP Member
    Lets see the vote first. right now it is just a debate. The vote will expose some of the dumbocrates up for election and RINOS for that matter and at very least we will see just who is really on our side.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The two shining stars from TN did no better...Thanks soooo much Lamar and Bob!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I emailed Lindsey Graham,Tim Scott,and Tom Rice from S.C.Graham was the only one,that didn't say,i don't see where any of the proposed gun laws,would have stopped the Sandy Hook or Aurora shootings.

VIP Member
    I can't pass judgment yet, it's a bit too early in the process.

Let's wait until more of this unfolds, ultimately the fix for us is 2014.......but we're gonna have to WORK to send as many home that we can at that time. If this anti-gun agenda galvanizes the U.S. voters in 2014 we just might be able to purge Congress for the better.

I think some of these legislators will think that us "dumb voters" will forget, or don't care, by 2014. By all means let's prove them wrong (next step is to read my sig line )
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHancock View Post
    They just did what Boss McCain told them to! Besides, they have to look like they're doing something to earn their salary FOR LIFE! Keep it up McCain and Ruger might be moving to Texas too!
    They don't earn salaries for life, unless they happen to stay in office until their death. The notion that they get a 'lifetime' salary is simply false.

The are eligible for a pension when they retire, which is probably where the whole 'salary for life' idea comes from, but that doesn't make them any different from a whole bunch of folks employed by a governmental entity.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Yeah, we can "fix it" in 2014. Just like we "fixed it" in 2010 after the health care debacle. Speaking of which, how's that Affordable Care Act working out for ya?
    oakchas and jem102 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

IMO............throw the Bastages out.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Yeah, we can "fix it" in 2014. Just like we "fixed it" in 2010 after the health care debacle. Speaking of which, how's that Affordable Care Act working our for ya?
    THIS^^^ is also my biggest concern... 2014 is not that far off. We the people have to vett candidates of any stripe that will pledge to repeal any onerous laws enacted between now and then... Plus, the newly elected will have no seniority, and thus, little voice or say. And, just like some teaparty candidates already there, we may discover the simple truth. Which is: A politician will say whatever is needed to get elected, and do whatever the heck they please once in office...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links