I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights...

This is a discussion on I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ready to make your blood pressure go up? 4th graders required to write "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights...

I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights...

Ready to make your blood pressure go up?

4th graders required to write "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to be safer" during a lesson on government.

Unbelievable.

Dad Furious After Finding This Crayon-Written Paper in Florida 4th-Grader?s Backpack: ?I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights?to Be Safer?

paper-620x362.jpeg

Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.

2. Remove Ads

If the teacher intends on doing this,they need to let them go find some other kind of employment.I would like to know,how the teacher thinks they have the right to do this?.
    Wreckr, phreddy and Ghost1958 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Ready to make your blood pressure go up?

4th graders required to write "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights to be safer" during a lesson on government.

Unbelievable.

Dad Furious After Finding This Crayon-Written Paper in Florida 4th-Grader?s Backpack: ?I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights?to Be Safer?

paper-620x362.jpeg

Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.
    School, or indoctrination center...???

Soon, those of us who remember the way it's supposed to be, will be sent to re-education camps...

I wonder, will it happen so slowly, we will be like boiled frogs?

It's getting scary out there, folks.
    Last edited by oakchas; April 13th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
    ctr, RickyD and Ghost1958 like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I just saw this as well. You beat me to posting it tmarks. This is absolutely ridiculous. If my son or daughter were in that excuse for a teacher's class, I would demand that they be transferred IMMEDIATELY to another teacher and would raise holy heck with the school principal and the school board at the next board meeting. Unbelievable.
    Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. - Samuel Houston

If you've ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the state can be from another. Take El Paso. It looks as much like Dallas as I look like Jack Nicklaus.
    Lee Trevino

And how many fourth graders can fully comprehend the meaning of Constitutional rights? Sounds like indoctrination beginning early to increase its effectiveness.

I remember being taught stuff as late as 7th and 8th grade and accepting it as absolute fact, until I learned otherwise many years later. This is really insidious and despicable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sue the school and that Bastage.............IMO, that's child abuse.
    Bummer, sixgun and Ghost1958 like this.

Senior Moderator
    Count that woman as an enemy of the state and treat her accordingly.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'd make a huge issue outta that with the highest ranking official I could. That my friends is not teaching, as I'm sure you all already know. That is flat out trying to set the opinion of one into the highly impressionable mindset of our children. Something like that said to young adults is one thing, but to adolescents is unconscionable. That teacher should be reprimanded, or better yet, out right fired! Donald Trump style even..
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Wow. Hitler, I mean Obama youth has officially begun.

Sent from blah blah blah....
    mano3 and Ghost1958 like this.

This makes me sick. My kid would be OUTTA THERE NOW
    blitzburgh and Ghost1958 like this.

My son is 5 years old and already knows all of the bill of rights and what they mean to him. He knows how to respectfully question someone who asserts authority over him and would have openly refused to write such a statement. He even knows how to respectfully and firmly excersize his first, fourth, and fifth amendment rights when encountering police. Of course he will never be in a position to be indoctrinated by the state as we will not send him to school. It's all about taking responsibility for teaching your child how to be the kind of person you want him/her to be. If you leave it up to someone else, they'll become like someone else.

www.getcorded.com

Quote Originally Posted by stuckonails View Post
    ....Obama youth has officially begun.
    I don't think you can blame this on Obama. There are plenty of liberals in this country with their on plan of "improvement". Stuff like this isn't mandated from the federal government.

Reminds me of: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Now that is the sort of history lesson they should be teaching.
    Pistology and Tzadik like this.

Administrator
    Common Core is going to be implemented in PA. now.
    Teachers will be fired AKA have their jobs terminated if they inform parents of what is being taught to their kids in school.

If you want your kids to go to college then you won't even be able to Home School them because all of the college entrance testing will be based on and centered around Common Core...so they will fail the testing unless they have been re-educated and properly brain washed.

You'll probably be better off Home Schooling your kids and then also teaching them a useful trade where they can go into business for themselves and make their own living for themselves.
    ctr likes this.

VIP Member
    How does schoolwork sit in their backback for months and not get noticed?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    How does schoolwork sit in their backback for months and not get noticed?
    Same way pipe bombs get built in basement workshops, unbeknownst to the parents, a la Columbine....
    TX expat likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links