How is "THE STRATEGY" working?

This is a discussion on How is "THE STRATEGY" working? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So far, it seems to be a wash... Maybe. Lot of wafflin' happening... Don't know what to think... Wait, watch, write, call, fax, and pray. ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 2 Post By SmokinFool
  • 1 Post By peckman28
  • 2 Post By Ghost1958

Thread: How is "THE STRATEGY" working?

How is "THE STRATEGY" working?

So far, it seems to be a wash... Maybe. Lot of wafflin' happening...

Don't know what to think... Wait, watch, write, call, fax, and pray.

HOLD FAST!

Story here: http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6776/cont...tguid=ks5ElI6p
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Let us all hope they force a full vote in both the Senate and the House.

Gee, wonder how many of them will vote 'present' or not be there at all.

2014 BABY!

2014 can't come soon enough here in Colifornia.
    1oldgun, ANGLICO and mano3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    2014 can't come soon enough here in Colifornia.
    Colofornirado

New Yorkiforniarado
    ANGLICO likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Obozo doesn't care if his people get re-elected, especially now that he is in his final term. He has showed remarkable indifference to throwing his own party under the bus as long as it gets his ideology passed. The healthcare debacle and the 2010 elections proved this.

Make no mistake, this administration will put incredible pressure on democrats and republicans alike to get their agenda passed. Too much of our population has become lazy, indifferent and dependent to vote for what is right. And, the majority of our politicians, on both sides of the aisle, are only in it for their own benefit and power. I fear for our country's future...

I have a chance to help get a Constitutionalist in office when Rockefeller retires. I know I'll be doing everything I can to make it happen.
    RickyD and JoJoGunn like this.

VIP Member
    Two Words: Bart Stupak

Funny thing about strategies. They tend to fall apart when political coverage is available.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Watch, wait, and contact my reps again prior to any action taking place. I read this morning about the antis getting worried that the gun control legislation may actually work to improve gun rights rather than restrict them. This have them really upset and one can only hope.

I think the D's are going to re-learn a hard lesson in 2014.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    2014. Party like it's 1994 again and throw tb e bumbs out. That is why we need to see both houses vote. And not just verbally vote.

VIP Member
    As lowly citizens about the only power we have is "contacting our legislator" or "voting for/against a legislator". I've done plenty of the first while I'm waiting on the second one.

No doubt the voting is more important. We get the vote thing right, and that'll go a long way.

PPKheat wringing his hands in anticipation of 2014
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    2014. Party like it's 1994 again and throw tb e bumbs out. That is why we need to see both houses vote. And not just verbally vote.
    Umm. No. 1994 gave us 10 years of that asinine ban. Do you really want to see that happening again, but with no sunset, just so we can (maybe) throw some democrats out? I definitely don't. This never should've even made it past committee in the Senate. The fact that it will be voted on at all, in either chamber, is a disgrace.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

All I know is I will not vote for someone who DOES NOT represent the people. Seems the Democrats are all wishy washy have no course of action since they are all worried about their re-elections. AND THEY SHOULD BE!!!! Hear the voices of the public and the people they serve.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

If lazy ass gop voters don't vote then things will only get worse....VOTE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    If lazy ass gop voters don't vote then things will only get worse....VOTE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely correct, we can't just cast our one vote and hope for the best. We've got to start working to get people to the polls. Complacency is our enemy, we must outwork the competition. Get involved with a potential candidate you support and help his campaign with your money and/or time. We can send them home, but we can't continue to do it the same old way. We can't sit back and wait on it to happen, we have to get involved and make it happen. We've got to help galvanize the voters.

I've already pledged to get involved in two local elections coming up. One will be tough, and that's a motivator for me to get involved.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Well they had all this stopped with Rand etc and a filibuster. Even some here were no no dont filibuster and the Toomey bill aint that bad. All the gun regs are unconstitutional and illegal but honestly we may very well get what some of us asked for this time. And once its done if you think you will ever elect a federal official from any party that will make an honest effort to repeal one passed gun reg your dreaming.

The Feds, all parties at the Federal level want to disarm the nation. That is what the Federal Goverment as a whole wants as soon as it can accomplish it.

13 senators were set to actually uphold their oath and filibuster this mess and stop it. You see how even most in their own camp supposedly hung them out to dry. We didnt need to see who stood where on what. We saw the very few that honor the Constitution and the rest will do whatever gets them elected again and disarms us as fast they can and still stay in office.
    peckman28 and oakchas like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links