Looks to me that NASCAR folded like a cheap suit!

This is a discussion on Looks to me that NASCAR folded like a cheap suit! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The race at Texas (going on as I post)...was to be called & sponsored by the NRA....So far I have heard NO mention of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looks to me that NASCAR folded like a cheap suit!

VIP Member

The race at Texas (going on as I post)...was to be called & sponsored by the NRA....So far I have heard NO mention of the NRA.

I guess Fox & Nascar have folded to the anti's.............

Very disappointed & that's the last I'll ever spend on NASCAR races or their merchandise!

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...s-latest-event
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-race-hell-no/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...scar-nra-race/
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Something must have changed since earlier today..They reported that,everything would go on as planned, and at the end of the race,the driver,or someone,would get 2 revolvers.

VIP Member
    There is a electronic bill board in the middle of turn 4 that has the NRA logo on it & it looks like the infield may have the NRA logo as well....but FOX has not said a word about the NRA & there have been no commercials......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

This i saw earlier came from some lady reporter from the track,but,i can't remember which channel i saw it on.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Two sponsors told their drivers not to do interviews as they did not want the NRA sign behind them wearing the sponsor's logos! Reported by ESPN! Time for a boycott of those sponsors!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I went to the NRA website,sometime ago,just reading.I typed in S.C..I was looking at some video's.There is a man in firearm sales,from here and was running ads on ESPN radio..ESPN,told him,they would no longer run his firearm ads.

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Two sponsors told their drivers not to do interviews as they did not want the NRA sign behind them wearing the sponsor's logos! Reported by ESPN! Time for a boycott of those sponsors!
    So who are the two sponsors?

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    This kind of crap is getting outta hand! And to think, Obama is just sitting back laughing his butt off. I am really getting mad right about now.
    trofty likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

I watched the pre-race and the opening ceremonies and they called it the NRA 500 at least twice in the opening and several times in the pre-race. Several shots of the NRA logo on the opening ceremonies. You may have just missed it.
    rugergunner and msgt/ret like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    I watched the pre-race and the opening ceremonies and they called it the NRA 500 at least twice in the opening and several times in the pre-race. Several shots of the NRA logo on the opening ceremonies. You may have just missed it.
    Good. At least I can count on NASCAR to keep it real.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Who's looking forward the Acorn 15 (coz 16 laps would hurt the air quality) in San Francisco next week?
    JPeterson likes this.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Gee why did the NRA pay for exposure if they aren't getting the benefits of sponsorship. You watch any Golf Tourney (Sorry Golf to me ranks up there with watching grass grow). They mention the main sponsor about every ten minutes. I would think the NRA should sue NASCAR - You do know there where reports that the drivers of the NRA sponsored cars were banned from the media tent, by NASCAR. I thought the NASCAR crowd especially in TEXAS would do better than that. Barry got to someone over there.
    sanfordreed likes this.

Would have been nice to hear at least one of the drivers in their after race interviews thank the NRA for sponsoring the event.
    vilecanards likes this.

VIP Member
    Alan Fram, of the AP, reported that "The National Rifle Association, a foe of the Democratic bill, was sponsoring a NASCAR race in Fort Worth, Texas, and using tweets to urge its supporters to watch it on television. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., has asked the Fox network not to broadcast the event, but it was still scheduled to be televised."

Our opponents are pulling pages out of Nazi Germany: play ball with the government by limiting association with the NRA, and get the favors. All to be the only game in town in the midst of a federal push for gun regulation. Such a government is way too big for our own good.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Just another parasite feeding his ego with taxpayer money.........and typical of most of our elected officials of today......
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links