New York gun confiscations. Are they true

This is a discussion on New York gun confiscations. Are they true within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can anyone shed any light on this article? If it is true, you think the liberal media would be all over it TELLING everyone how ...

Thread: New York gun confiscations. Are they true

New York gun confiscations. Are they true

Can anyone shed any light on this article? If it is true, you think the liberal media would be all over it TELLING everyone how wonderful it is. I can't seem to find any indication this is actually happening.

NY Gun Confiscation Underway - Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Of the mainstream media, ONLY FOX News would even touch this. If gun confiscation is happening, the MSM knows that it would spark outrage. That's why it's being done piecemeal, one gun owner at a time. I'm not saying that it's true, either, but I can totally believe that the media would stay hush-hush about it if it is.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

They are doing it in Cali..I would suspect that it will start in NY soon, if its not already underway...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Of the mainstream media, ONLY FOX News would even touch this. If gun confiscation is happening, the MSM knows that it would spark outrage. That's why it's being done piecemeal, one gun owner at a time. I'm not saying that it's true, either, but I can totally believe that the media would stay hush-hush about it if it is.
    If Fox is the only one that would touch it, then my belief that the libs and the media NEED A BODY COUNT before they can push agenda is true. Applying Occam's Razor, what other conclusion can we draw? How very sad it is people NEED to be hurt to get your point across.
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

This is rather old news, and it has already been confirmed that it has happened to just one person, and that incident was a mistake.
    SAFE Act Mistake Leads to Pistol Permit Seizure | wgrz.com
    Oops! New York State Police Admit to Major Mistake in Gun Confiscation Case

Distinguished Member
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davejb View Post
    This is rather old news, and it has already been confirmed that it has happened to just one person, and that incident was a mistake.
    SAFE Act Mistake Leads to Pistol Permit Seizure | wgrz.com
    Oops! New York State Police Admit to Major Mistake in Gun Confiscation Case
    In the interview with the county clerk, he said they made a mistake and had the wrong person. I would appear from that statement that they are going to go after someone else.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    In the interview with the county clerk, he said they made a mistake and had the wrong person. I would appear from that statement that they are going to go after someone else.
    The only mistake was the media reported the incident. The state had no choice but to play dumb and claim they got the wrong guy.

Links