reply from a congressman... no surprise here

This is a discussion on reply from a congressman... no surprise here within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is the reply I received from one of my congressional representatives, after many letters to his office. No surprise as to his position.... Dear ...

Thread: reply from a congressman... no surprise here

Here is the reply I received from one of my congressional representatives, after many letters to his office.
    No surprise as to his position....

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me with your views about gun safety measures. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views.

Violence is a serious issue in our country that cannot be ignored. Something must be done to make our children safer when they go to school, and protect our friends when they see a movie. This is why I support legislation that does not aim to limit personal freedoms, but promote public safety.

Although a single bill will not stop all gun violence, there are some common-sense reforms which can save lives. For example, there is widespread agreement among law enforcement officials that proposals like universal background checks, limits on magazine capacity, and an assault weapons ban will increase public safety without undermining the rights protected by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

I look forward to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to find common ground and develop proposals that will make all of us a little bit safer. Please know that I will keep your important concerns in mind as Congress continues to address this issue.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me and please feel free to visit my website, Welcome to The Website of Congressman John Lewis, Serving the 5th Congressional District of Georgia | The Website of Congressman John Lewis, Serving the 5th Congressional District of Georgia for more information on legislation that interests you.

Sincerely,

John Lewis
    Member of Congress

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gerry
    Ft Collins

Sponsored Links