NY gun registration begins, coming soon to your state...

This is a discussion on NY gun registration begins, coming soon to your state... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Story here: AP News: New York's assault weapon registration begins...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NY gun registration begins, coming soon to your state...

NY gun registration begins, coming soon to your state...

All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

I would expect nothing less from NY.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Won't be coming to my state. Thank god I live in guntucky I feel sorry for all those legal gun owners up there. I hope they say ---- you and don't register
    krisspy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have been standing up for the rights of the people for many years and I have watched as I keep up calls and fax also letters and with that said I have a feeling that we we have not been doing back round checks on politicians and woud be's who are running for office. Please don't sit back because I think it will be coming to every state. It is our duty to keep up the letters and calls to those that we hired to protect this country's rights and it really has come down to we the people not me the Senator or congressman

This day and time,i won't say what will or will not happen.I've wrote to a few of our politicians.Excluding,Senator Graham,i was told by the others,they didn't see one gun bill proposal,that would have stopped shootings in Sandy Hook,or any of the other places.No one has tried to ban anything,so,i don't see gun registration happening in S.C.
    84160 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    FL 790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
    (1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
    (a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
    1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
    2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
    3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
    4. Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress.
    SpringerXD, Lish, airslot and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Welcome to the "new and improved" America.........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    New Yorkers should start flying Old Glory upside down. One of their fundamental rights was just taken away.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Welcome to my world here in communist Colorado....

Bloomberg's $$$$$.......

Colorful%20Colorado.jpg
    84160 likes this.

NY is just testing the national waters. Incrementalism.
    HotGuns likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Won't happen in Texas. Skippy. If the justice dept. answered to the constitution instead of the president such "laws" would be struck down and the law makers brought up on federal charges.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member
    "Yes, they are against it, but they are the extremists and the extremists shouldn't win, especially on this issue when it is so important to the majority," Cuomo said in a radio interview last week. "In politics, we have to be willing to take on the extremists, otherwise you will see paralysis."
    Yep, the pot calling the kettle black.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I would sell out and leave the state

jrs
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    NY is just testing the national waters. Incrementalism.
    They are MORE than testING..... They are outright violating Constitutional and Civil Rights!!!

First...to all New Yorkers who are even thinking about registering their guns.....DON'T!!! The new (UN)Safe Act has a nice little hidden provision....that is... if you register 3 of those scary looking weapons.....you are telling NY that you are a FELON! Yes, possession of 3 guns they consider "assault weapons" is a felony under this piece of crap legislation. So, basically, you are reporting yourself to Emperor Coumo's minions. The law does not require registration until April 15, 2014, so hopefully, it will be repealed or based on the next point, Coumo will be out of office by then.

Second, the NY State Police (Part of the Executive Branch in NY...reporting directly to the Governor) has recently set up a clandestine squad to scour medical records WITHOUT WARRANTS!!!!
    You may have seen the reports on FOX News about the man who was ordered to turn in his weapons because he was prescribed certain drugs.
    The drug info was obtained without a warrant by the Governor's secret police squad....who then ordered the County Clerk (no investigatory powers) to revoke the man's permit.
    When the man retained counsel, the State got caught!!! Now it's coming out that subpoenas are being issued for patient records, signed only by the NY Atty Gen'l, but not signed by a judge...with no probable cause....other than the patient(s) happen to be pistol permit holders. Also, keep in mind that Obamacare REQUIRES all medical records be DIGITAL. This case demonstrates the danger in Obamacare, digital records and the ease in which the Government can invade YOUR privacy.... It shows how easy they can access your private (digital) records.....because they actually need a warrant to search those "pesky" paper records.

This is no longer just a 2A case.... It's now a 4th Amendment Case! Our hope for NY and in the future, the Nation, that Coumo's Political career is toast. We are hopeful that the rank and file NY State Troopers that have come forward in anonymity will provide the evidence to drive (Emperor) Coumo from office.

I don't have the link, but listen to Tom Baurle's show on WBEN-AM from 4/12/13 (multiple parts)and 4/15/13... which will provide a lot of info.... but as I said....THIS IS NO LONGER JUST FOR GUN OWNERS!!! This affects EVERYONE due to 4TH Amendment ramifications and the GOVERNMENT'S illegal overstepping into YOUR PRIVACY.

TODAY IT'S NEW YORK STATE....TOMORROW IT'S THE FEDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Won't happen in Texas. Skippy. If the justice dept. answered to the constitution instead of the president such "laws" would be struck down and the law makers brought up on federal charges.
    Not to stray too far off topic but...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Texas doesn't even have open carry for it's citizens.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links