Gun Bill dead in the water?

This is a discussion on Gun Bill dead in the water? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting... from the report: "POLITICO is reporting that the proposed background check bill in Congress, the only piece of legislation which was thought to have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Gun Bill dead in the water?

VIP Member

Gun Bill dead in the water?

Interesting...

from the report:

"POLITICO is reporting that the proposed background check bill in Congress, the only piece of legislation which was thought to have a chance at passing, is essentially dead. A vote originally to be scheduled for early this week was pushed back to late this week for lack of support."

POLITICO Reporting Gun Bill Nearly Dead as Support Wanes in Senate
    QKShooter, Richard58 and VBVAGUY like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

I hope they are right. You never know what they will do. With the attacks in Boston taking the headlines, I fear we will soon loose more liberties for the sake of safety. We have to watch to make sure none of the gun control legislation gets put into a bigger more restrictive bill.
    Bark'n likes this.

Let's hope so. Background checks can be so far from truth, it is beyond belief. Liberal background check: Paranoia is a mental health problem. Anyone who carries must be paranoid. Vets have been under stress, so no one knows if the are mentally capable. On and on.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I hope they are right. You never know what they will do. With the attacks in Boston taking the headlines, I fear we will soon loose more liberties for the sake of safety. We have to watch to make sure none of the gun control legislation gets put into a bigger more restrictive bill.
    You know, I can't be certain, but I could swear I heard somebody on the news covering the explosions in Boston mention how we need more gun control. Don't see how gun control would help against bombs. They're grasping at straws now, maybe that's a good thing

I will believe it when it happens... in Washinton, nothing like this is a sure thing
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

Even the Anti's are against it. Reason? It doesn't ban guns.

See this opinion piece in the WP today. He gets it half right. But it explains the logic of the anti gun side. It doesn't ban guns so its not supportable.

Richard Cohen: The gun bill?s hocus-pocus - The Washington Post

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkr View Post
    You know, I can't be certain, but I could swear I heard somebody on the news covering the explosions in Boston mention how we need more gun control. Don't see how gun control would help against bombs. They're grasping at straws now, maybe that's a good thing
    I wouldn't doubt it, and that would be a statement from a Kook-Aid (sic) drinker "who doesn't have a clue". As sad and cowardly as this bombing is, I don't see where gun control has a "dog in this hunt", other than someone just looking for feeble excuses to keep pushing gun control agenda through this bombing, aka desperation.

I was thinking last night that this bombing is another clear example of terrorism on US soil, so would that make an average citizen want to give up their guns, or to keep/acquire a gun. I know how I think about it, of course, we know what hard-core sheeple think. One can only hope.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Here's the Full Politico article with more details on the fence sitters and the numbers a bit more fleshed out...

Gun control bill in peril - John Bresnahan and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I hope you're right but never underestimate those sneaky politicians. I never understood the term "Chicago politics" until the OB machine got elected.
    perfection likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I don't believe it will pass unless it's attached some how. And if this country wasn't so concerned with offending someone we would be safer. Israel ethnically searches people. And they rarely have an attack like this. The sooner the US notices a trend of Saudi and Arab people are doing this the better.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

The Brady Bunch will be back. They have never understood the facts. While we may be in a "set-back" at the time, I do not trust them or Ms. Feinstein, or any of the rotten bunch. In my opinion, they will continue to bring it back up, let's vote again, and again, and again, trying to push their demented ideas upon the unsuspecting populace.

NRA Life Member

Or maybe because of the attack on Boston, the safety of our citizens will be more important, but in a good way. This should show the world that people are the problem and safety from a "Security" view is more realistic then putting the blame on an object. You can replace guns/bombs with any other object and it will never equal a disaster until you put a bad person or an organization behind the object. I bet nobody will try and blame bombs for putting 100s in the hospital.

Gun control bill in peril-

The National Rifle Association hasnít budged, and it warned supporters of the compromise Senate bill ó authored by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W. Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) ó that the group would remember their vote when they are next up for reelection.

I wrote my state Senator Heller with these same words .....I /We will make you accountable ( In the voting booth) for any further infringement on our Second amendment Rights. So there are consequences in life for all our actions, my favorite saying.

I certainly hope they're right...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I hope so. I'll be glad to see it die in the Senate, though I don't think it ever stood a chance in the House.
    inneyeseakay likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links