Bloomberg: If You Sell a Gun to Your Son, 'There's Something Wrong in Your Family.

This is a discussion on Bloomberg: If You Sell a Gun to Your Son, 'There's Something Wrong in Your Family. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The only thing it would not cover is if you sold a gun to your son, for example,” Bloomberg told radio host John Gambling. “Number ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Bloomberg: If You Sell a Gun to Your Son, 'There's Something Wrong in Your Family.

Bloomberg: If You Sell a Gun to Your Son, 'There's Something Wrong in Your Family.

The only thing it would not cover is if you sold a gun to your son, for example,” Bloomberg told radio host John Gambling. “Number one, I don't know how we would ever enforce that if it were the law. So to make a big deal about that's carved out, so what? It doesn't change anything.”

“Number two, I would argue if you want to sell your gun to your son, maybe you have a problem in your family,” he said. “Why don't you just give—I don't know if you should have a gun or not, but if you have a commercial transaction of $100 with your son, there's something wrong in your family.

Why do you feel the need to analyze everyone's family and their dealings with one another Mayor Big Gulp ?

2. Remove Ads

Because he feels the need to control.............everything.

Makes one wonder what he's lacking in his life.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

That Guy is out of his "FN" mind! Anyone who needs to stick his two cents into everyone elses family doings has a screw loose. I did happen to GIVE my Son one of my guns but I don't see anthing strange or improper about selling one to a Son or any other family member.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Well... If the headline is accurate, he's right, there is something wrong with you if you sell a gun to your son. You should just GIVE a gun to your son. Selling it is a bit....impersonal.
    mano3 likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Bloomberg is such an elitist. He sickens me.
    perfection, mano3 and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    Well... If the headline is accurate, he's right, there is something wrong with you if you sell a gun to your son. You should just GIVE a gun to your son. Selling it is a bit....impersonal.
    Care to adopt me? I could always use a new (to me) gun.
    mrm and locotest like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Care to adopt me? I could always use a new (to me) gun.
    I gave my dad an old bolt action .22lr that my granddad gave me. Of course, it was so he could learn the mechanics and how to maintain a firearm. It still shoots and is still accurate. That was my ACTUAL first gun. I will NEVER give away my 229 or my m1 garand. Those are currently the only 2 I have right now, so sorry... no adoption this time. Maybe later though.
    RT likes this.

Not all of us have billions of dollars and can afford to give things away
    msgt/ret, phreddy, Tzadik and 1 others like this.

Yup, there for sure is something wrong with my family.

Haven't won the lottery where we could afford to give away things like that.

Maybe if the politicians that we pay and provide full health care to would work for free and pay their own medical coverage I could.
    mrm and ErnieNWillis like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

There's something wrong,if he is the Mayor,but,evidently,that's what the majority wanted.

No, there is something wrong with a family that never expects a son to pay for something.
    Dnbailey, Mardet65, e4dan and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    No, there is something wrong with a family that never expects a son to pay for something.
    I don't have kids. I always expected to pay for everything when I had a job

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    I have bought guns, tools and other things from my father before. He has also passed down a few firearms to me to keep them in the family.

Just because he is my father does not mean anything that I ever acquire from him should be free. That's just irrational thinking.
    locotest, mkh, sparkykb and 2 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Because he feels the need to control.............everything.

Makes one wonder what he's lacking in his life.
    A son, for one thing.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    A son, for one thing.
    Add a brain to that list.
    locotest likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links