Response from Trey Radel on gun control bills

This is a discussion on Response from Trey Radel on gun control bills within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hopefully this is a good sign, but not sure if I have trust in Speaker Boehner Thank you for contacting me about Second Amendment rights. ...

Thread: Response from Trey Radel on gun control bills

Response from Trey Radel on gun control bills

Hopefully this is a good sign, but not sure if I have trust in Speaker Boehner

Thank you for contacting me about Second Amendment rights. I value your input on this important matter and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As a lifetime member of the NRA, I will support legislation that protects our Second Amendment rights enshrined in the Constitution. Every American's guaranteed right to "keep and bear arms" should not be infringed upon by the Federal government.

Gun control policies fail to recognize that criminals, not guns, are the root cause of crime and violence in America. They also punish law-abiding citizens who want to protect themselves and their families. Recently, I signed on to the Stockman-Broun letter that requests Speaker Boehner not bring any gun legislation to the House floor unless it has majority Republican support.

As legislation regarding Second Amendment rights comes before Congress, I will review it with these principles in mind to protect and defend the Constitution.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. It is an honor to represent the citizens of Southwest Florida in the United States House of Representatives. Feel free to visit my Congressional website at Congressman Trey Radel | Representing the 19th District of Florida and sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
    Trey Radel
    Member of Congress
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

Links