So is the Gun Control talk done now?

This is a discussion on So is the Gun Control talk done now? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We got a NO vote from the Senate yesterday. A huge Presidential tantrum / rant then some grandstanding in front of the white house. A ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: So is the Gun Control talk done now?

VIP Member

We got a NO vote from the Senate yesterday. A huge Presidential tantrum / rant then some grandstanding in front of the white house. A couple amendment votes today. At what point to we move on?

Seems to me the harder Obama pushes gun control the less he is going to get ( and less popular he and it becomes).
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This is not at all the end of what we'll hear from this administration. He is too much of an arrogant egotist, he will not go quietly with this loss tucked between his legs.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Given the evidence with Obama's inception in office and the history of the Clinton administration, the end goal for the liberal/progressives is to strip us from our second amendment rights. Any time tragedy strikes or anytime a case can be spun for political gain (IE Trayvon Martin), you will see the anti-gun legislation at the top of the agenda. In the calmer times (assuming we will have them), expect lobbying groups like the brady campaign, bloomberg, etc. trying to force anti-gun legislation on the people.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I'm sorry to say it, but this has been just one battle in an ongoing fight.

VIP Member
    We rested after the defeat of HillaryCare in the early 1990's. Look where that got us.

We prevailed in this pie eating contest, and our reward is more pie. Keep your appetitie.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

It's just getting started, Son.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    They might quite down a little bit to re-group, but just wait until the next tragedy or as they call it "opportunity".

H. Reid voted Nay so he can bring it up again when and if they muster enough votes.........Round 1 as BO said.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    I'm sorry to say it, but this has been just one battle in an ongoing fight.
    As my wife said this morning, this is where we should start pushing for an expansion of gun rights.
    mg27, TVJ, Mjr_Fail and 2 others like this.

Don't be surprised if they try to sneak one of these amendments into another unrelated bill that the republicans really really want. It has happened before.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    Don't be surprised if they try to sneak one of these amendments into another unrelated bill that the republicans really really want. It has happened before.
    This is almost a sure bet, and exactly why I've become so jaded towards our politics. Not towards our political system or our form of government, towards our politics. Too many of them feeding at the public trough that will do what they need to do to say in office.
    DMacLeod likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Nows the time to redouble our efforts to support the ones that supported us and to chastise the ones who didn't.

I don't get yet a temperature of whats going to happen next. I imagine we can get a clearer view in a few weeks. But in the mean time why don't we get even more active by proposing new changes to existing laws to strengthen them? We saw some good ideas already. Why don't we propose a whole new bill that finances LEOs in schools and makes states report to NICS etc.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    As long as Boehner keeps to "Regular Order" in the House, there will be little chance of that. He has vowed to stop the one-on-one negotiations at the White House and follow regular precedures so that there is plenty of time to check out bills before they are voted on.

Let's see; The Middle East is a powder keg that could blow anytime and throw the world into chaos, Iran won't give up nuclear ambitions, North Korea is threatening to nuke Colorado Springs, terrorists just scored a goal on us, the deficit needs attention, the budget, the economy, and unemployment all need fixing. One would hope our leaders could find something constructive to focus on other than how to screw the 2nd amendment, but I'm not hopeful.
    OD*, StevePVB, Cazadores and 5 others like this.

It is most certainly not over. When a wannabe dictator is dealt a setback, it just fuels his maniacal rage. You could see it in Obama's and his little bucket boy Biden's eyes yesterday.
    Betty, Snub44 and OldCavTrooper like this.
    Springfield Armory XDs .45
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm sc
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links