What is the next step?

This is a discussion on What is the next step? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm curious about what the anti's believe would happen if we ever actually outlawed guns. Do they really believe that the country will turn into ...

Thread: What is the next step?

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

What is the next step?

I'm curious about what the anti's believe would happen if we ever actually outlawed guns. Do they really believe that the country will turn into some sort of violence free utopia? Could they actually believe that we would be better off? If the country ever succumbed to the anti 2nd amendment forces what would they then blame violence on? What would be their next step? What would they feel the need to ban in order to "improve" our Country and way of life?

It just seems so foreign to me that anyone would think that by outlawing guns our society would change for the better. Are they not watching Europe and the chaos they are going through? Don't they have any clue as to what truly makes America great? That by weakening our freedoms, our God-given rights and by giving away rights bestowed upon us by the Constitution that we will be sliding down a slippery slope that historically countries never recover from.

I look at my four kids and wonder "what kind of world are they going to inherit?" We have so many issues that will haunt them over the long term and quite frankly i don't see a proliferation of guns as being one of them. What I do see and worry about is our Country losing its way. We are trying to be everything to everybody and forgetting the principles that our Nation was founded upon.

Okay rambling rant off. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially on this board. But seriously, what is their end-game?
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

2. Remove Ads

The flaw in your logic is that you assume it is about reducing violence, it is about increasing control. If you remove the ability of people to defend themselves they will turn to the government for security. In the pursuit of this "security" more of our freedoms will be restricted while the ruling class gets more powerful.

Okay rambling rant off. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially on this board. But seriously, what is their end-game?
    End Game: Control, they want control.....If you have arms, they can not control you....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    I'm curious about what the anti's believe would happen if we ever actually outlawed guns. Do they really believe that the country will turn into some sort of violence free utopia?
    Yes, I believe the gun-grabbers believe it would be so much better.

But not one gun-grabber has ever been able to explain to me how disarming a victim creates less victims.

I'm all for going after criminals, via their criminal actions. I'm all for identifying those who clearly cannot competently manage weapons related to their own defense. I'm all for segregating violent criminals from our society until the point they're not a violent threat. What I will NEVER accept, though, is destruction of liberty and disarming/emasculating would-be victims prior to violent crime coming to find them.

The gun-grabbers have got to find a compromise on their utopian principles, recognizing that the Constitution's core principles cannot be trod upon. So long as they alter their sights and go after crime, criminals and clear threatening actions, it'll remain possible to retain their honor by adhering to their sworn oaths to protect and defend the Constitution, instead of tearing it to pieces.

One scary thought: what sort of world do they actually believe their own children would inherit, when their own children have been criminalized for daring to take steps for their own defense and security. I can't imagine they actually believe forcing them at the point of a gun (effectively) to disarm themselves or become criminal in the eyes of the "law" is actually a good thing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    A small minority believe violence would end. The rest know that we will lose power to refuse them.

Links