Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have

Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have

This is a discussion on Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok now I can finish the statement . Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have on Washington,” The problem ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have

Ok now I can finish the statement .

Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have on Washington,”

The problem I have with these words written over and over is That So Called Special Interest and High Power Lobbyists represent WE THE PEOPLE !

Without WE THE PEOPLE the NRA would not exist. They work and represent US, Members. There would not be a NRA without Us. They are our Voice in Washington, State and Local .

Please tell me where this 90% of Americans support that attack on our 2nd amendment rights ? Where did you pull that number out of ? Who did you poll, the White House, The Mayor of NY and the Governor ? Diane Feinstein ?

By the way here is who you polled ..The AP-GfK poll was conducted from April 11-15 by GfK Roper Public Affairs and Corporate Communications. It involved landline and cellphone interviews with 1,004 randomly chosen adults and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.9 percentage points.

Even I could conduct a poll such as this and get any answer I wanted and these absurd percentages .
    cmdrdredd, mg27, Tzadik and 5 others like this.

So true...all of t. Without lobbying bodies, our voices are never heard.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    phreddy likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Protecting the Constitution and our founding, bedrock principles is pretty darned important. So important, the sworn oaths of our hirelings to protect, defend and uphold the Constitution should mean something.

The damning indictment was leveled against the liberty-hating few who believe anything should be dared "if one life can be saved." Though not a single one of them bothers to mention the tens of millions of people that would have to be disarmed, disabled, infringed and vilified in order to attempt to get at the criminals who are already refusing to listen to the bans on murder, rape, robbery, kidnapping and all the rest.

Suggestion, for the NRA, SAF, GOA and JFPO: fund a large-scale, professionally-designed poll that's designed and administered by Gallup, one that simply and intelligently seeks to identify and report the views of the U.S. citizens on crime, safety and security, in regards to their being capable of protecting themselves, their communities being supported in crime-prevention efforts, their schools and other public spaces being beefed up to protect against violent infiltration, their beliefs about the Constitution, sworn oaths, etc. It'd be nice to see an unadulterated, un-spun view for once. Poll 100K adult citizens, from every city and town, urban and rural, educated and not, wealthy and not, all walks of life.

Suggestion for the hired help (aka, our congressmen): respect, honor and uphold your sworn oaths you made to us, we the People, and do NOT attempt to obliterate the Constitution's protected right to be armed.

Suggestion for all competent adults: vote to protect the Constitution at all times, to hire people who strongly respect and honor that, and who won't color themselves "turncoat" the moment your back is turned.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; April 18th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    e4dan, sdprof, Wolf357 and 1 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Today’s vote is a damning indictment of the stranglehold that special interests have on Washington,”
    Yes!!! The fact that so many voted FOR this gun legislation is proof that special interests like Bloomberg, et al, have a stranglehold on Washington.

I agree completely.
    BugDude, Tzadik and dling like this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Mr. Reid said Thursday that after speaking with President Obama, the best option going forward after the measure was defeated in the Senate Wednesday was to “hit pause” and regroup.

This is why we can not stop or rest .....
    msgt/ret, Ghost1958, mg27 and 2 others like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    You could argue that "special interest groups" better represent their constituents than many government officials. A government representative might share the views of 51% of the state or district he/she represents, but special interest groups represent those who agree with their specific ideology.

An elected official might represent 100% of those who voted for them, but not 100% of everyone they supposedly speak for. An NPO or special interest group only speaks for those who already think like they do.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Yes I agree , you could think of it that way also :)

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday said passage of tougher gun controls is "inevitable," projecting optimism less than 24 hours after the Senate voted down legislation central to President Obama's strategy to reduce gun violence ......

Resistance is futile .....just what the Borg said ....yeah well ...we won't stop fighting Nancy

I've wondered who the 90% are as well. Must be the same bunch that reelected the current resident of the WH
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

We'll need to translate all of our energy and effort to the 2014 and 2016 elections, or we are doomed to continue these fights to eternity.
    SigPapa226 likes this.

The vote(s) are way too close for any sort of warm fuzzy feeling. This will not be the end and the next time a tragedy will strike these fools will gladly jump out to say "see that wouldnt have happened if we passed common sense gun control". I fear that we fight merely to keep what hasn't already been taken vs getting back to what the constitution says. One can only hope the country removes its collective head from its rear and fixes this with their votes.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Mr. Reid said Thursday that after speaking with President Obama, the best option going forward after the measure was defeated in the Senate Wednesday was to “hit pause” and regroup.

This is why we can not stop or rest .....
    Senator Reid pulled a "Roberts Rule of Order" on us...... He voted to defeat the proposal..... This gives him the right to bring up the proposal at his beckoning by saying he now wants to change his vote in favor of the proposal.... Ol' Senator Reid is a wolf in sheep's clothing and is not to be trusted....... It plain to see he is a "sort of" 2nd amendment advocate...

We have just begun to fight... This was just the 1st in many battles we will face in the future........ Stay vigilant........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Well ive given Rand Paul and Mitch a little time to go to the bathroom and breathe. Now Im going to start writing and calling and my house and senate reps to propose a bill that repeals some or all of the gun laws now in place.

Call me what you will but I firmly believe that instead of waiting and defending again later we should now go on the attack to get rid of some of this junk. Put THEM on defense for a while and maybe they wont be so quick to pull out their little bag of tricks again if they think THEY may lose some ground.
    DaveH and Tzadik like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Senator Reid pulled a "Roberts Rule of Order" on us...... He voted to defeat the proposal..... This gives him the right to bring up the proposal at his beckoning by saying he now wants to change his vote in favor of the proposal.... Ol' Senator Reid is a wolf in sheep's clothing and is not to be trusted....... It plain to see he is a "sort of" 2nd amendment advocate...

We have just begun to fight... This was just the 1st in many battles we will face in the future........ Stay vigilant........

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Absolutely!

See: Reid shelves expanded gun-purchase background check legislation - Washington Times

Reid shelves expanded gun-purchase background check legislation

By David Sherfinski
    -
    The Washington Times

SNIP

SNIP

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." -- John Philpot Curran, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, Junius, Frederick Douglass, James Buchanan, William Henry Harrison, or whoever.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links