NC House Bill 976 - Responses are needed NOW!

This is a discussion on NC House Bill 976 - Responses are needed NOW! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HB 976 - Gun Safety Act Record Brief; AN ACT TO REPEAL THE "STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS" AND CODIFY THE COMMON LAW REGARDING THE USE ...

Thread: NC House Bill 976 - Responses are needed NOW!

HB 976 - Gun Safety Act

Record Brief;
    AN ACT TO REPEAL THE "STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS" AND CODIFY THE COMMON LAW REGARDING THE USE OF FORCE AGAINST AN INTRUDER; TO
    REPEAL THE LAW ALLOWING RECIPROCITY FOR CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMITS; TO STRENGTHEN THE LAW REGARDING SAFE STORAGE OF
    FIREARMS BY REQUIRING A PERSON WHO POSSESSES A FIREARM AND LIVES WITH EITHER A MINOR OR ANOTHER PERSON WHO CAN NOT LEGALLY OWN
    A FIREARM TO SAFELY STORE THE FIREARM IN A STORAGE DEPOSITORY OR USE A SAFETY LOCK FOR THE FIREARM WHEN NOT IN POSSESSION OR
    IMMEDIATE CONTROL OF THE FIREARM; TO REQUIRE THE REPORTING OF LOST AND STOLEN GUNS; TO REQUIRE THE SHERIFF TO REPORT THE
    DENIAL, REVOCATION, OR FAILURE TO RENEW A CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT OR THE DENIAL OF A PISTOL PERMIT TO THE NATIONAL INSTANT
    CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM; TO REQUIRE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR THE PRIVATE TRANSFER OF FIREARMS IN
    NORTH CAROLINA; TO PROVIDE THAT A FEE MAY BE CHARGED BY THE SBI FOR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS AND TO ESTABLISH A FUND TO HELP
    PAY THE COSTS OF CONDUCTING BACKGROUND CHECKS; TO REQUIRE ANY PERSON WHO OWNS A FIREARM TO CARRY FIREARM LIABILITY INSURANCE;
    TO LIMIT THE SIZE OF AMMUNITION MAGAZINES; AND TO DIRECT THE STATE TREASURER TO DIVEST THE PENSION FUND OF GUN STOCKS.
    Besides the fact that every one of the sponsers and co-sponsers are Democrats they need know that NC will not put up with this crap. OC, CC, just plain old gun owner is effected by this silly bill.

And lets not forget they are going for the fence, making it Felony to violate some of these.
    | Type 01 FFL / SOT |
    | NC CHP Instructor | NRA Pistol Instructor |

Wow, sounds like my old home state wants to join the ranks of New Yorkiforniarodoecticut. That's crazy. For the sake of my parents, sisters, their families (I've done a lot of shooting with my brothers-in-law) and my in-laws families up there I hope none of this crap sticks. And for my sake when I have to travel back up there.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Wow, sounds like my old home state wants to join the ranks of New Yorkiforniarodoecticut. That's crazy. For the sake of my parents, sisters, their families (I've done a lot of shooting with my brothers-in-law) and my in-laws families up there I hope none of this crap sticks. And for my sake when I have to travel back up there.
    Being Republican controlled and with the bills they have introduced it won't stand a chance, but people need to be emailing these folks letting them know that this election we took the Democrats out of office because of crappy gun laws. If they want to be re-elected they need to just remove this bill and hope no one remembers come election time.
    | Type 01 FFL / SOT |
    | NC CHP Instructor | NRA Pistol Instructor |

• Repeal of "castle" law.
    • Requirement to store safely.
    • Requirement to report loss/theft of firearms.
    • NICS tweaks.
    • Universal background checks, including on all private sales.
    • FFL dealer record-keeping tweaks.
    • Liability insurance requirement, for all gun owners.
    • Large-capacity magazine ban.

Gun-control by any other name. Strange there's not an "assault weapons" ban in there, too.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Gun-control by any other name. Strange there's not an "assault weapons" ban in there, too.
    That must be buried deep in the fine print of the "Requirement to store safely"...you may be required to store your assault weapon safely out of the state of NC. (<--- This is ME using hyperbole to make a point, I don't really know if this is in there or not...just saying)
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links