Thank You to My Senators - You Should Do It, Too

This is a discussion on Thank You to My Senators - You Should Do It, Too within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent an email out to my GA state Senators just a few minutes ago, thanking them for their support of our 2nd Amendment rights. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Thank You to My Senators - You Should Do It, Too

I sent an email out to my GA state Senators just a few minutes ago, thanking them for their support of our 2nd Amendment rights. If your senators voted in favor of the 2A, you should send them a thank you as well! Sending them encouragement to let them know that they're doing a great job will be good as the never-ending fight for our rights continues! Here was my quick message:

Senator,

I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for standing strong in your opposition to all the anti-gun amendments that were proposed in the senate earlier this week. Your votes did not go unnoticed, and I sincerely appreciate your support. It is encouraging to see that our Georgia Senators are serious about upholding the Constitution of the United States.

Please, Senator, continue to stand fast in your opposition to any legislation that seeks to further restrict our 2nd Amendments rights, while maintaining your support for any legislation that seeks to expand our rights.

Again, thank you.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

~My Name~
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Already did for one Senator. The other could do us a favor and just drop dead, but no thanks from me.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I can not thank my Senators...Nor will I ever, unless they resign.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I can not thank my Senators...Nor will I ever, unless they resign.
    You can't blame 'em, BigJon. Those large velocity guns - you know, the ones with the big clips - just really need to be taken off our streets. Especially since anybody can buy them without a background check.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    You can't blame 'em, BigJon. Those large velocity guns - you know, the ones with the big clips - just really need to be taken off our streets. Especially since anybody can buy them without a background check.
    Its true! And since crime has been eliminated here with that 10 round limit, why would anyone vote against gun control?!?!?!
    pittypat21 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'll be thanking mine by trying to get them out of office.
    Just because they came through in the clutch, doesn't mean they aren't doing a terrible job. Chambliss has been running anti-carry on campus and in church ads on the TV. Him and Isakson voted to get anti-gun bills onto the floor so they could "hear the debate". They sway on issues, are for big government/spending/taxing, and will play politics all day long.

I'm sick of "moderates" and want some actual conservatives in office.

Carl Levin got one...It said:

Thanks for leaving
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I sent an email out to my GA state Senators just a few minutes ago, thanking them for their support of our 2nd Amendment rights. If your senators voted in favor of the 2A, you should send them a thank you as well! Sending them encouragement to let them know that they're doing a great job will be good as the never-ending fight for our rights continues!
    I have to agree with this. Carrot and stick approach.
    Sure there are plenty I want to fire. But when they listen to their constituents and vote according to our wishes, a thank you is in order. Because they sure received a lot of stern (probably negative in tone) mail preceding the vote.
    Charliehorse .........................>>> I support the NRA!

Gun Ownership is NOT a Gun Crime!

That's a nice idea, but both of my senators sold me out, in fact, Toomey, who was supposed to be very pro 2A co-authored the bill!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Thanks for the inspiration. Email sent

I wish I had two Senators from Colorado to thank.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Links