An example of what we are up against

An example of what we are up against

This is a discussion on An example of what we are up against within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes, the government should take your gun away | roanoke.com Yes, the government should take your gun away by Michael Abraham | Abraham is a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: An example of what we are up against

VIP Member

Thumbs down An example of what we are up against

Yes, the government should take your gun away | roanoke.com

Yes, the government should take your gun away

by Michael Abraham | Abraham is a businessman and writer in Blacksburg.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A couple of months ago, my family took a dream vacation to New Zealand, for my money the most appealing nation on Earth. The air is pristine, the water is clean, the vistas are amazing and the people are generous and friendly.

We arrived in New Zealand shortly after the Newtown, Conn., shooting tragedy, and many people we met wanted to talk about it, even more so when they learned of our close ties to Virginia Tech. I spoke at length with two policemen and one hunter.

New Zealand gun laws are amazingly sane:

SNIP
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Blog @ http://blogs.roanoke.com/roundtable/...-away/#respond

No comments yet.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

My advise to the author. Move to New Zealand...
    rigel42, mano3, OD* and 6 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    My advise to the author. Move to New Zealand...
    Agreed. I propose that the members of this forum could each donate $1 to the plane tickets if it means he would leave.
    Exacto likes this.

There is a word for those laws,i have in mind,and sane,isn't one of them

Send him to New Zealand start the fund to send him packing...
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

The writer is free to move to New Zealand. He's also FREE to write whatever he wants. The car example I've heard before. I would ask him WHERE in the Constitution does it mention driving a car as a RIGHT.

And his argument about all rights having limits. Well, I'm sure if pressed on this he would use the old tried and true, "Yelling Fire in a theater." Well, the reply to this would be: Do law enforcement officers cover your mouth with tape BEFORE entering a movie theater? NO. Law enforcement would prosecute the PERSON who yells 'fire.'
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

New Zealand not only has an incredibly small population, it is also a very homogenous society. That is a delicate way of explaining a low crime rate.
    zonker1986, mook012 and Hoganbeg like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

He misunderstands citizenship. He misunderstands the distinction between liberty and enslavement, being capable of withstanding tyranny and having no capability of resisting it. He's not a patriot. He doesn't appreciate owning/carrying the means of our own defense is not a privilege, that it's a bedrock right of every citizen. He'd prefer to hand over everyone's rights to a beneficent governing force, hoping they'll remain so.

If he thinks it's so wonderful, he should move to NZ. But instead, he believes tearing down the liberties of everyone else is the right thing to do.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

From the voice of the butchered millions: "They have taken (our) guns away.... or have you forgotten Hitler,, Stalin,,, Castro-Cuba,, in Austria"..Enlighten yourself, search Katie Worthman (Austia), for starters. .. But thank God we have a Constitution that protects YOUR voice to speak out,, and by the way, (since you haven't notice nor read it) this Constitution also protects the citizen's right to bear arms... it's called the "2nd Amendment." And by the way, these same guns have saved thousands of lives from thugs and felons that prey upon people; and are successful only when they prey on people like you. Good luck, they probably thank you for letting them know you hardcore anti-gun stand. We will continue protecting your rights as we defend the Constitution against all enemies, FOREIGN or DOMESTIC.

New Zealand is a country which will not even let you immigrate there if you are over a certain weight. They are not big on 'rights'. It seems a perfect place for someone like Michael Abraham (provided he can make the weight limit) to live. But certainly America is not the place for him.

If I was to live in New Zealand I doubt I could stand to own guns with all the restrictions NZ has in place. The fact that the so called government there doesn't trust it's own citizens enough to allow them to keep their guns at home just makes me livid.

Mr Big Shot Business man needs to sell the business and take his family to New Zealand. The sooner the better.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by coondogger View Post
    New Zealand is a country which will not even let you immigrate there if you are over a certain weight. They are not big on 'rights'. It seems a perfect place for someone like Michael Abraham (provided he can make the weight limit) to live. But certainly America is not the place for him.
    That's kind of funny... Sounds like NZ has something against fat people. Rosie O'Donnel should take all her fat girl friends to NZ and stage demonstrations in support for the large folks of a considerable girth. Oh man...I can hear her battle cry now... Fat Folks of The World Unite!!! You have nothing to lose but your cookies!!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Kinda sad that people think like that.
    We are the greatest nation on earth because of our constitution and our form of government. Some can`t see the forest for the trees.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Please define "amazingly sane".

I am going to contact Webster dictionary and have them remove the word freedom from our vocabulary. No one knows what it means any more.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Please define "amazingly sane".

I am going to contact Webster dictionary and have them remove the word freedom from our vocabulary. No one knows what it means any more.
    Or, the phrase "common sense." (As in, "common-sense legislation," as if liberty destruction has any place in our society as a claimed solution to anything.) Hasn't been a common sense of that phrase for many decades now.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links