Don't forget to thank your Senators!

This is a discussion on Don't forget to thank your Senators! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't forget to thank your Senators for voting against the Manchin-Toomey amendment. The Antis are out in force telling them what for, a simple letter ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bigsky109
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Don't forget to thank your Senators!

Don't forget to thank your Senators for voting against the Manchin-Toomey amendment. The Antis are out in force telling them what for, a simple letter of appreciation from their sane supporters will hopefully make them feel "Warm and Fuzzy".

Dozens rally to 'shame' Rubio for vote against background check expansion for gun purchases Naples Daily News

Our local paper is printing the antis also. One sided it seems......I have sent a message to one of our senators thanking him and the other I sent a message in the negative since he voted for the bills. I will remember their vote!!! When it comes their time for re-election.
    rigel42 likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Done, with a letter thanking my state senators.

And, I'm crafting a letter to be sent to all senators (other than my own) in which I will lay out my simple take on this attempt at subverting the Constitution and infringing upon RKBA. We need to make extraordinarily clear to all of them how crime control should be the focus, not merely knee-jerk, feel-good gun control that hasn't much hope of actually targeting or reducing crime. We are not sacrificial lambs to be used to grease the treads of the bus driven over our civil rights as citizens. We are the bosses who've hired them to protect and defend our Constitution from those who would defile it, and they've taken a sworn oath to do just that. It's high time we remind them of that fact, in no uncertain terms.

This fight is far from over. The liberty-haters will come back again, once they think they can tear down what they failed to do this time.

My local newspaper's letters to the editor and op-ed pieces are nearly all anti-gunner as well. I know my letters haven't been printed. It's appalling to see so many who simply don't get the concept of being capable of withstanding crime against us, which gets bloody hard to do when all you've got is pixie dust and a telephone.
    Brad426 and rigel42 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Done, with a letter thanking my state senators.

And, I'm crafting a letter to be sent to all senators (other than my own) in which I will lay out my simple take on this attempt at subverting the Constitution and infringing upon RKBA. We need to make extraordinarily clear to all of them how crime control should be the focus, not merely knee-jerk, feel-good gun control that hasn't much hope of actually targeting or reducing crime. We are not sacrificial lambs to be used to grease the treads of the bus driven over our civil rights as citizens. We are the bosses who've hired them to protect and defend our Constitution from those who would defile it, and they've taken a sworn oath to do just that. It's high time we remind them of that fact, in no uncertain terms.

This fight is far from over. The liberty-haters will come back again, once they think they can tear down what they failed to do this time.

My local newspaper's letters to the editor and op-ed pieces are nearly all anti-gunner as well. I know my letters haven't been printed. It's appalling to see so many who simply don't get the concept of being capable of withstanding crime against us, which gets bloody hard to do when all you've got is pixie dust and a telephone.
    Share you letter with us, if you would.

I too just sent letters to both of my Senators (Isakson and Chambliss) thanking them for not caving in to the antis that don't understand what they are upset about.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I don't publish my letters, sorry. The conservative in me, for a number of reasons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Both my state's Senators, one (R) and one (D) voted the right way and both got a thank you e-mail and letter from me the day after the vote. I also reminded them it wasn't over and to keep up the good work.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Both MI senators Levin and Stabenow are anti-gun. Maybe I should write anyway and thank them that the amendment failed.

VIP Member
    My husband wrote a letter to Manchin (our Senator) asking him if he (Manchin) felt stupid now because if he doesn't ...he should. He also asked him if he thinks aligning himself with Obama will help when he comes up again for election.
    He pointed out several other uncomplimentary things too. I wish Manchin would actually read the letter, but I doubt he'll ever see it.

I need to send some "atta boy" emails to the Senators who voted to uphold the 2nd Ammendment.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Levin and Stabenow voted for the bill so no thank you letters for them. I don't think they'll be reading letters for a while actually after someone sent a ricin envelope to Levin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post

I too just sent letters to both of my Senators (Isakson and Chambliss) thanking them for not caving in to the antis that don't understand what they are upset about.
    Same here

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I voted for Rubio, against Nelson. Rubio voted against the gun control, Nelson voted for it. I guess I finally got my votes right.
    rigel42 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Don't forget to thank your Senators for voting against the Manchin-Toomey amendment. The Antis are out in force telling them what for, a simple letter of appreciation from their sane supporters will hopefully make them feel "Warm and Fuzzy".

Dozens rally to 'shame' Rubio for vote against background check expansion for gun purchases Naples Daily News

I is a shame how stupid these anti gun people are, none of these new gun laws would have stopped anything that happened.

Distinguished Member
    HA! I'm not thanking my senators for a dang thing.

Both jackasses in Salem voted in favor...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    My husband wrote a letter to Manchin (our Senator) asking him if he (Manchin) felt stupid now because if he doesn't ...he should. He also asked him if he thinks aligning himself with Obama will help when he comes up again for election.
    He pointed out several other uncomplimentary things too. I wish Manchin would actually read the letter, but I doubt he'll ever see it.

I need to send some "atta boy" emails to the Senators who voted to uphold the 2nd Ammendment.
    I happened to catch the opening skit on SNL the other night. It depicted Obama talking about the failed vote. He was talking about both senators, to the effect of "Manchin is from WV, so he's gonna lose his job. Toomey is a Republican that voted for gun control, so he's definitely gonna lose his job..."

I chuckled a bit...

Excellent point, assuming your Senator(s) were in fact on board.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Sponsored Links