Most outrageous, vile statement yet!

This is a discussion on Most outrageous, vile statement yet! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This one gets my vote. It was in the Orlando Sentinel this morning and comes from the editorial page's "Blogwatch". The quote is from John ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Most outrageous, vile statement yet!

Most outrageous, vile statement yet!

This one gets my vote. It was in the Orlando Sentinel this morning and comes from the editorial page's "Blogwatch". The quote is from John Aravosis at AmericaBlog:

"(GOP) NRA supporters in the U.S. Senate shot dead a proposal to toughen background checks for proud Second Amendment murderers who want to buy a bazooka in order to better massacre America's children."

So much for civility.

2. Remove Ads

That is an outrageous statement to make for sure.
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 21st, 2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: forum rule violation abortion
    deafdave3, sigs, niks and 1 others like this.

We have our beliefs, they have theirs. It would be impossible for someone to change my mind on the 2A. They are no different. We are focusing on the wrong people, we need to get young people involved with gun safety and guns. We also need to focus on those in the middle, the folks that will listen to our reason. People like what the OP mentioned are to far gone for us to make a difference in their lives.
    sensei2, 3wggl, tony1990 and 8 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We have our beliefs, they have theirs. It would be impossible for someone to change my mind on the 2A. They are no different. We are focusing on the wrong people, we need to get young people involved with gun safety and guns. We also need to focus on those in the middle, the folks that will listen to our reason. People like what the OP mentioned are to far gone for us to make a difference in their lives.
    There is a glimmer of hope for these but it is very, very small. There have been a few really anti gun advocates who have experienced first hand a crime happening to them and the police not arriving for a long time. That feeling of helplessness is about the only possible thing that can turn someone that anti. So, either it happens to them or someone close to them, or a neighbor, etc. and then there is a chance they will turn. Barring that, you are right.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can buy a bazooka?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    If you look into who John Aravosis is and some things he's been involved in, the statement should not be unexpected.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can buy a bazooka?
    That's the only thing I took away from this.

And while I never have and never will have the urge to kill children, or anyone for that matter... I sure would love to see what a bazooka would do to that old broken fridge out in the garage!
    8th ID, Bark'n, niks and 3 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can buy a bazooka?
    right? i didnt know we could buy one! lol
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Too bad there are MANY millions who view the NRA/Right the exact same way. To them I am a scourge on this land. There's no way I can say more and keep it civil, so I will just shut up. Maybe that's what the author of the blog should have done.
    airslot and Ghost1958 like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    There is a glimmer of hope for these but it is very, very small. There have been a few really anti gun advocates who have experienced first hand a crime happening to them and the police not arriving for a long time. That feeling of helplessness is about the only possible thing that can turn someone that anti. So, either it happens to them or someone close to them, or a neighbor, etc. and then there is a chance they will turn. Barring that, you are right.

in his autobiography, "In The Arena", Charlton Heston (remember him?) relates the story (pages 565-566) of how, during the L.A. riots of 1992, that he and another pro-gun Hollywood figure got many phone calls from anti-gun acquaintances wanting to borrow a gun.

reminds me of the saying that a Conservative is a former Liberal who's been mugged.
    tony1990, airslot and Ghost1958 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    I am so sick of hearing for the children when what I had stated earlier is true. If it is for the children then they should be pro life for the children.
    If we go down this road this thread will get locked real quick. We may want to stay on topic. It seems to be a good discussion to have...
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The problem goes deeper than wether they have been victims or not.

I've met people who been victims and blame the tool used in the commision of the crime rather than an understanding that there are people out there who may want to hurt them. They also fail to understand any responsibility for their own safety, an entitlement mentality about it. " I should be protected from all things evil" instead of "What can I do to remain secure" It's kind of delusional behaviour that can rarely be countered by logic. Somehow you have to weave reality into their dreamland, or convince them to dream differently.
    There's probably some sort of pill that could be proscribed to help, but it would probably show up on their background check and they wouldn't be able to protect themselves after anyways ..
    sensei2 and Ghost1958 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    That's the only thing I took away from this.

And while I never have and never will have the urge to kill children, or anyone for that matter... I sure would love to see what a bazooka would do to that old broken fridge out in the garage!
    If you score your bazooka, you might want to remove the fridge from the garage before commencing with the fun.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Most of the shooters are either liberal or are the product of a liberal envionment.

I want my OBAMAZOOKA!
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links