We are up agaist some nasty folks in the media-proof

This is a discussion on We are up agaist some nasty folks in the media-proof within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This cartoon was in my local, liberal rag. Just take a look at what papers will publish when it is in line with their opinions. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: We are up agaist some nasty folks in the media-proof

This cartoon was in my local, liberal rag. Just take a look at what papers will publish when it is in line with their opinions.

Joel Pett: April 18 | Joel Pett Cartoon | Kentucky.com
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    It doesn't even make any sense. It's like blaming the NRA for 911.

VIP Member
    The dude seems to be just a garden variety idiot.
    sparkykb, sdprof, phreddy and 2 others like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm not sure what his point is. What does the NRA have to do with carrying a bomb in a backpack?

I notice stories already being circulated about those guys not having a license to posses their firearms. I doubt they had licenses for the explosives they had either but everyone seems to ignore that inconvenient detail.
    lionround and 84160 like this.
    Never get out of the boat....

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Guy View Post
    I'm not sure what his point is. What does the NRA have to do with carrying a bomb in a backpack?

I notice stories already being circulated about those guys not having a license to posses their firearms. I doubt they had licenses for the explosives they had either but everyone seems to ignore that inconvenient detail.
    It the new fade, if its broken in the Country, blame the NRA.....
    8th ID and 84160 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

What paper was this in???
    Never mind I see now. I should have known

It doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense, etc. It is the AGENDA, and he is helping to push it. These people DO NOT use logic. This cartoonist won the Pulitzer Prize several years ago-he is entrenched.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Unbelievable. I love how the NRA is somehow responsible for everything wrong in the world. Never mind 140 years of teaching safety and responsibility with firearms. No, my friends, the NRA is a terrorist organization.
    mprp likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Robby1276 View Post
    What paper was this in???

Lexington-Herald Leader. Cartoonist: Joel Pett
    SOLD my guns.

Emailing them now not that I ever bought one if there papers but I will be sure to tell them how I feel

I looked up some of his other "comics." Seems like he's just a HUGE cry baby that somehow gets his stuff printed. What an idiot. It blows my mind that papers would print garbage like that....and that the readers of the paper haven't thrown a fit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    I looked up some of his other "comics." Seems like he's just a HUGE cry baby that somehow gets his stuff printed. What an idiot.
    CORRECT! See here is the problem here: I'm in KY, that nationally in almost ALL races goes Republican. But the two largest cities Louisville and Lexington (where I live) are University towns (code for liberal). So in the two largest papers, they are WAY left. There's usually some pushback in local talk radio, but it doesn't get much attention.
    SOLD my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    CORRECT! See here is the problem here: I'm in KY, that nationally in almost ALL races goes Republican. But the two largest cities Louisville and Lexington (where I live) are University towns (code for liberal). So in the two largest papers, they are WAY left. There's usually some pushback in local talk radio, but it doesn't get much attention.

I live in ky too and can agree with the above. Let him go to hazard and work there printing that crap. My bet he won't last long. I'm proud of ky but really sickened with Lou and lex
    Inspector71 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby1276 View Post
    Emailing them now not that I ever bought one if there papers but I will be sure to tell them how I feel
    I don't live in KY and I (still) emailed the editor and referenced the internet link pointing out how poorly this reflects on the paper as an organization.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Lexington-Herald Leader. Cartoonist: Joel Pett
    I thought the BBN put that rag outta business a few years ago.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links