Hickenlooper would rather endorse marijuana as an industry than support 2A

This is a discussion on Hickenlooper would rather endorse marijuana as an industry than support 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Denver's 4/20 rally marked by a shooting and record attendance | The Daily Caller 4/20 was the day I realized just how messed up our ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Hickenlooper would rather endorse marijuana as an industry than support 2A

Denver's 4/20 rally marked by a shooting and record attendance | The Daily Caller

4/20 was the day I realized just how messed up our legal system is here in CO. Smoking pot in large quanities and openly breaking the law? NO PROBLEM MAN! You wanna carry a gun in town? NOPE! Hickenlooper killed that idea by banning open carry in town!

Seriously, how is it that they get to look the other way when it comes to pot but with guns I feel like I am persecuted as an individual beause I worship some 'tool of death'?

Pot is legalized with these exceptions:
    1. Cannot be smoked in public
    2. Must be 21 to buy or be in posession.
    3. Cannot be in posession of 1 oz. or more.

So let me get this straight,
    The police had about 10,000 people all in one area, smoking in plain sight in a public venue right in front of the capitol building, and didn't issue a single ticket? I saw no one being ID'd, no one even remotely concerned about being ticketed. Most events in public areas at least require a liquor license with set boundaries, but I guess pot gets a free pass. I checked it out because I had never seen an event like this before and I figured it to be over-hyped but I was so very very wrong. Thousands of stoners everywhere! I felt like I was on that one episode of South Park with the Hippie Jam Festival!!! Anyways, I saw lots and lots of police, on horses, bikes, sitting in squad cars and even just walking around. Here's what else I saw: teenagers, kids, babies in strollers and carriers. I can't even begin to imagine the sheer stupidity of these parents who brought their kids and babies to this poor excuse of an event. People rage about second hand smoke and its harmful qualities but these people are content to sit with their kids in a literal cloud of smoke visible from HELICOPTERS IN THE AIR!

Hell at this rate Hickenlooper won't even need to ban guns since no one in the state will be eligible to own one since everyone will have a marijuana card!
    wmhawth and Rock and Glock like this.

I was in college with a lot of Californians when Prop. 215 was passed back in the mid 90s, there were an incredible number of people that I knew who didn't seem like the run of the mill useless stoners who got their "medical" marijuana for BS reasons like "insomnia" and "anxiety". Much like pill mills, there are tons of doctors out there who write recommendations for marijuana more for cash than any valid use.

I really don't think that marijuana, as well as MDMA, should be Schedule I, Marijuana should be a III or IV and MDMA probably a II (due to the danger). There certainly are legitimate uses for marijuana, such as for people dying from AIDS or going through cancer treatment. Sadly, the system is probably abused and misused more than any other type of regulated drug.

As for MDMA, which is Ecstasy for those who don't know, it was invented around 1980, showed early promise as a drug used for disorders like narcolepsy as well as for couples' therapy (go figure), but was slapped on Schedule I before much of any valid, credible research could be done. More recently, there has been some extremely limited research allowed for treatment of PTSD. I think we really don't know what we need to know about the substance, it may have beneficial effects when used properly but until we do more research it is impossible to know.

ScubaSteve08 and RickyD like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Vilify the responsible gun owner, and celebrate the harmless little people who only want to smoke a little reefer. Apperently this is progress...
    BugDude and Footslogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I was in college with a lot of Californians when Prop. 215 was passed back in the mid 90s, there were an incredible number of people that I knew who didn't seem like the run of the mill useless stoners who got their "medical" marijuana for BS reasons like "insomnia" and "anxiety". Much like pill mills, there are tons of doctors out there who write recommendations for marijuana more for cash than any valid use.

I really don't think that marijuana, as well as MDMA, should be Schedule I, Marijuana should be a III or IV and MDMA probably a II (due to the danger). There certainly are legitimate uses for marijuana, such as for people dying from AIDS or going through cancer treatment. Sadly, the system is probably abused and misused more than any other type of regulated drug.

As for MDMA, which is Ecstasy for those who don't know, it was invented around 1980, showed early promise as a drug used for disorders like narcolepsy as well as for couples' therapy (go figure), but was slapped on Schedule I before much of any valid, credible research could be done. More recently, there has been some extremely limited research allowed for treatment of PTSD. I think we really don't know what we need to know about the substance, it may have beneficial effects when used properly but until we do more research it is impossible to know.
    Well it's not even so much about pot itself. It's like "here you can have pot and smoke all you want but you just have to be ok with ever increasing legislation on your gun rights ok?" Nothing quite beats appeasing the masses while slowly eroding away their rights. I swear none of these people will even notice their disappearing rights until they're all gone and we're standing there saying 'I told you so!'.
    RickyD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Vilify the responsible gun owner, and celebrate the harmless little people who only want to smoke a little reefer. Apperently this is progress...
    Jamaica tried that, they ended up with a wonderful group of fellows called the Shower Posse...and no, they aren't hygiene enthusiasts.

After they passed the medical marijuana bill here in Michigan signs started poping up on freeway exits and on the radio: get your medical marijuana card for $200 or $300 dollars. Of course no one saw that abuse coming. People want to self medicate and although I know they'd be better off if they didn't, there's not a thing I can do about it other than set a good example.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve08 View Post
    I swear none of these people will even notice their disappearing rights until they're all gone and we're standing there saying 'I told you so!'.
    And then it will be our fault: "We didn't know. You should have made us understand. Your agruments weren't persuasive enough."
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve08 View Post
    no one in the state will be eligible to own one since everyone will have a marijuana card!
    What does this mean? You cannot qualify for a license if you have an MJ card?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Stoners are easier to manipulate than gun-toting patriots.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Who else feels that the world has turned upside down?

VIP Member
    2014 !!!!!

Note sig line and good eagle advice.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I seen the news clip on that shooting at the pot rally! I looked to me like a herd of sheep that a wolf jumped into the middle of...All the sheep running around and trying to hide in the open..
    CIBMike likes this.

What you put into your own body is your business. You shouldn't need to prove that you "need" marijuana for medicine just the same as you shouldn't have to prove you "need" a gun to defend yourself. If you want to legitimately defend your rights you need to be consistent.
    Harryball, BigJon10125 and myrkr like this.

Distinguished Member
    I am not a big fan of legalizing drugs, but I tend to lean libertarian on most social issues. If consenting adults want to smoke pot, have at it. As long as they protect kids, they keep the stoners off the road and they in no way affect me who am I to say no?

With this said, the people who choose to partake should be ineligible for any government assistance including food stamps, medicaid, Obamacare and the rest. If you are reliant on the rest of us for sustenance, you shouldn't spend your life wasted on our dime. I also think that the public displays are nothing more than attempts to get attention and meant to be provocative, and thus should be shut down on public lands.

It is much like carrying - no one has a right to tell me I can or cannot carry. As a responsible adult, that should be my decision and my decision alone. Everyone should be able to make their own decisions, good or bad, about how they live their lives as long as they don't impact the rest of us.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links