Future uncertain for gun shop owners in Maryland

This is a discussion on Future uncertain for gun shop owners in Maryland within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With a bill imminent for the governor to sign which will narrow the definition of an assault weapon and require more stringent background checks, gun ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ZOMBIEvs42

Thread: Future uncertain for gun shop owners in Maryland

Future uncertain for gun shop owners in Maryland

With a bill imminent for the governor to sign which will narrow the definition of an assault weapon and require more stringent background checks, gun shop owners are experiencing high sales and waiting for what could happen to their shops come October.
    Future uncertain for gun shop owners in Maryland - Carroll County Times: Local
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Cant say about there because I cant imagine living there. I do know here, even with the junk defeated for now by the grab bers, most folks are either buying private or not buying firearms until they can. Thats perfectly legal here with no permits or FFLs involved as it should be and they simply dont want any paper work on their firearms. Theres little to no trust left here in the Feds as far as guns go,, though there is on a the state level, and Kys federal reps.

Add to that a lot that I know that were going to get a ccw permit have decided not to for the same reasons. Its a darn shame but I cant say I blame em either.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I would pick up and move one mile into virginia. Keep the customers deny maryland the taxes.
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Add to that a lot that I know that were going to get a ccw permit have decided not to for the same reasons. Its a darn shame but I cant say I blame em either.
    Several times in recent years I've thought about that myself. The 2 main reasons I went ahead and renewed? I got my original CC permit in 1985 or 86. Those people know who I am. Number 2, I am one of those guys that pretty much flat out refuses to Open Carry. My reasons to not OC are my own and private.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    I know my LGS owner has a lot of customers from Maryland. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if O'Malley (Gov) tried to ban gun ownership for anything larger than a .22. Or, require all guns to be registered in a state database. He's one evil little creep but will be very hard to beat because the "Free Stuff" crowd is so big in Baltimore and the clueless Liberals in a few counties have a lock on the state.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links