We Dodged The 'Bullet'... For Now.........

This is a discussion on We Dodged The 'Bullet'... For Now......... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our big challenge will come with the 2014 elections....... The anti gun advocates will be gearing up for that so we have to stay vigilant ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: We Dodged The 'Bullet'... For Now.........

We Dodged The 'Bullet'... For Now.........

Our big challenge will come with the 2014 elections....... The anti gun advocates will be gearing up for that so we have to stay vigilant until then in anyway we can.....

2014: The next frontier in the gun control battle?
    A handful of high-profile advocacy groups are working to make that a guarantee: Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which Bloomberg founded, and Americans for Responsible Solutions, helmed by Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly, vow they'll go after the lawmakers who are blocking the way to so-called "common sense" gun laws.
    2014: The next frontier in the gun control battle? - CBS News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully they make as big an idiot of themselves as they did this time. Hate to say it really but my votes will be cast on the gun rights issue alone this time. Its the one right that all our others rest on. Lose it and we might as well just stay home and learn to speak with a British accent.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Our big challenge will come with the 2014 elections....... The anti gun advocates will be gearing up for that so we have to stay vigilant until then in anyway we can.....

2014: The next frontier in the gun control battle?
    A handful of high-profile advocacy groups are working to make that a guarantee: Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which Bloomberg founded, and Americans for Responsible Solutions, helmed by Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly, vow they'll go after the lawmakers who are blocking the way to so-called "common sense" gun laws.
    2014: The next frontier in the gun control battle? - CBS News
    Oh, 2014 is indeed an upcoming battle... A whole year and 8 months is a long time to wait, though... Don't forget Reid pulled his pet Bill... He can re-introduce it at any time. Do you think we can go a whole 18 months without another mass shooting or attempt?

One thing I can suggest... Everyone who has the right to carry legally (in their own state) should do so.... ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE ALLOWED, and be prepared to act to save lives.

While most of the madmen who pull these heinous acts aren't so "mad" after all and choose areas we cannot carry legally... they might just pick a public space that does allow carry, or is an area which posted does not carry the force of law.

If one concealed carrier, with witnesses, stopped one of these attacks... the entire argument would be shut down.

(Disclaimer: I have always said that having a permit does not make you a member of the Justice League, a Special Policeman, or anything other than a citizen who has the legal ability to carry a firearm. That still holds 100% true. If you can carry and do, and run into a situation where you could act... You better be damned sure of your action.... that means training, that means knowing the law... that means that the responsibility is ALL ON YOU... and you better not muck it up for the rest of us.*)

(*foot note for the disclaimer: The guy who may have helped to stop the Clakamas Mall shooting did not take the shot... He could not be sure he would not hit innocent bystanders. Allegedly, the mass shooter saw the good guy taking aim, went of into an alcove and killed himself. This left no witnesses to the actions of the armed citizen, so there is no proof it happened)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Hopefully they make as big an idiot of themselves as they did this time. Hate to say it really but my votes will be cast on the gun rights issue alone this time. Its the one right that all our others rest on. Lose it and we might as well just stay home and learn to speak with a British accent.
    I used to be one who would just vote against the incumbent... No matter what good he has done for me... NOT ANY MORE.... at least for the foreseeable future election cycles... I will vote for those who stand for the second amendment, I will vote out any who vote to restrict the rights enumerated therein. And I will vote for any replacement who will try to eliminate restrictions already in place.
    OldCavTrooper and msgt/ret like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Unfortunately, and against my wishes, anti-gun Senator Nelson of FL just got a renewed lease on his seat. I'm not going to hold his immigration opinions against Pro-gun Sen. Rubio. Some things are more important to me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Even though it's Massachusetes and most people were unarmed in their homes, the authorities thought it was OK to just lock your doors and stay inside.....what if the Bomber DT decided he wanted in as he was armed to take hostages......it's time our politicians stop running our lives......Vote Smart....in the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Even though it's Massachusetes and most people were unarmed in their homes, the authorities thought it was OK to just lock your doors and stay inside.....what if the Bomber DT decided he wanted in as he was armed to take hostages......it's time our politicians stop running our lives......Vote Smart....in the next election.
    I'd bet most of our members here do "vote smart" it is the rest of the morons and entitlement class I worry about. But, luckily for us, Obamacare will be such a train wreck by then and American will be on the verge of financial collapse so maybe that will help get some of these idiots out of office. But I doubt it.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Links