More Bloomberg Nonsense

This is a discussion on More Bloomberg Nonsense within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ?Have to Change? After Boston Bombing | Politicker The terrorists hate us for our freedoms and if we restrict ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: More Bloomberg Nonsense

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

More Bloomberg Nonsense

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ?Have to Change? After Boston Bombing | Politicker

The terrorists hate us for our freedoms and if we restrict them, then they have won.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    What an idiot! The Constitution came with its own method of change. If you want change do it the right way, by amendment.
    CIBMike, 84160, Cheesewiz and 2 others like this.

I like his comment about we live in a dangerous world yet he wants more gun control. Tell me how will only 7 rounds be effective in this dangerous world Want to stop violence allow more legal citizens more freedom to carry Leave the constitution alone
    84160 and Cheesewiz like this.

VIP Member
    Bloomberg's interpretation of and respect for the Constitution were made abundantly clear years ago.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I think he needs to explain how it is exactly that we lose freedom when we are attacked.That garbage heap is only interested in controlling as many people as possible. He wants to walk from place to place stepping only on necks.
    84160, QKShooter and Hoganbeg like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

He's looking at the whole thing from the wrong perspective, if his quotes are in context... And, since he's the poster child for Blooming Idiots everywhere... The quotes probably are in context...

If I had more time I'd disassemble his quotes and give pertinent answers to each... But I won't waste my time on his impertinence.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This guy said it best:

Nick Tha Swede

"We're going to suspend your rights to protest, bear arms, privacy, and trial by jury."
    "Why?"
    "To protect you from terrorists."
    "Why do we need to be protected from terrorists?"
    "They hate you for your freedom."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers
    “It really says something bad about us that we have to do it (alter our interpretation of the Constitution). But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks,” he said. “We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can’t do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection.”
    Our FIRST priority is to allow people to keep themselves safe instead of stripping of them of all effective ability to do that; followed by Constitutionally-allowable steps to keep us all safe. The power derives from the People, and if the people are disarmed, then everyone will be subject to potential, distant assistance arriving in time to do anything more than clean up the mess.

Bloomers has it wrong. Turning citizens into victims isn't the point of the exercise. PROTECTING people against threat is the point. And you can't do that by stripping people of the ability to withstand evil on the instant it occurs. You can't do that by failing to beef up facilities sufficient to stop a lightly-armed felon bent on violent entry. You can't do that without enabling citizens to be part of the solution, instead of alienating those who hired your butt via unconstitutional infringements and dictatorial/tyrannical acts. And you don't achieve increased ability of people to protect themselves and survive predation by moving the goalposts (changing the rules).

He needs to set his $25B on fire. So long as he's got a microphone and unlimited wealth, he's a dire threat to liberty.
    84160 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What has guns got to do with a terrorist bombing. Bombs are presently banned. This incident can be attributed to the failure of our present immigration laws and the failure of the FBI and ICE.
    84160, Cheesewiz, 8th ID and 1 others like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Why anyone,would want a man like this in office,is beyond me.Sometimes,it's like he thinks,it's his right to control people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    What has guns got to do with a terrorist bombing. Bombs are presently banned. This incident can be attributed to the failure of our present immigration laws and the failure of the FBI and ICE.
    Nothing whatsoever.

It's obvious to us, but it has everything to do with tyranny, with destruction of liberty, with tearing down the Constitution, and with power over others that was not granted by the People.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    Why anyone,would want a man like this in office,is beyond me.Sometimes,it's like he thinks,it's his right to control people's lives.
    Sometimes? You mean always.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms...

“We have to understand that in the world going forward, we’re going to have more cameras and that kind of stuff. That’s good in some sense...”

Well, he certainly made his own point there!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    "We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms." Bloomberg is actually talking about himself!
    dling and Crowman like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    “Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” he said.
    Mayor just look in a mirror and you will see one of the worst offenders.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links