This is Getting Ridiculous!

This is a discussion on This is Getting Ridiculous! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What's next, high capacity tool box bans? Teacher Sues School over Suspension for 'Weapons' Charge: Showing Students Garden Tools | CNS News...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: This is Getting Ridiculous!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

This is Getting Ridiculous!

84160 and bigmacque like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Anyone here take a wood shop class in school? Man the school administrators are nuts.
    Kilowatt3, 84160, Taurahe and 3 others like this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Sooner or later, something has got to give. Until then, it is going to get worse before it gets better.

While they're at it, they should take away pencils too because you can poke someone's eye out with them. Paper, get rid of that too because everyone knows how much paper cuts hurt.

Chicago, no less. Figures.
    84160, mprp, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.

Crap like that is why I left my career in education. You'd be amazed at what is really going on in the public schools.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Take to the courts and make them pay for such foolishness. Bitchin' ain't gonna do it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Zero tolerance policies are anti-common sense and show no cognitive abilities past getting out of bed in the morning and hopefully getting your shoes on the right feet.
    Ghost1958, niks, ksholder and 1 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

And we wonder why America spends more on education than any other country in the world, yet our schools are rated in the bottom 20%!! All the money is being wasted on stupid calls like this, sending kids home with NRA T-shirts, Teachers being suspended for bringing tools into school, kids being suspended for making pistol shapes out of cookies, etc.. This country school system has really gone to the dogs, no wonder both my kids are home schooled, just wish I could get all my wasted tax money back.. It really makes me wonder what state this country will be in, in another 20 years, education cannot continue like this if we want America to survive the future..

Gary
    BugDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    ...Anyone here take a wood shop class in school? Man the school administrators are nuts.
    That was the first thing I thought of, too.

In the 7th grade, we were using razor-sharp chisels about a foot & a half long, saws, hammers, & all manner of other potential "weapons". Not to mention metal shop, with the punches, shears, soldering irons, etc. The high school had a rifle range in the basement.

It's a wonder any of us managed to survive!
    84160, e4dan, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Wonder when we get around to fishing poles and lures? Sharp edges, hooks, assault minnow lures that are black and have more than six sharp points perhaps???
    msgt/ret likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Madness? This is Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... suspended after he displayed garden-variety tools such as wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers in his classroom as part of a "tool discussion" in his class. Despite the fact that all potentially hazardous items were kept out of the students' reach ...
    Zero-tolerance stupidity at its worst.

Can't imagine having a "tool" discussion and display constitutes a threat, contains weaponry, or put anyone at risk. Reality is, any chair in that room in the hands of a healthy 17yr old male is going to make one hell of a dent. So's a spike-heeled shoe, if used forcefully enough.

I despair the species, some days. At least, folks in places like Chicago that allow this crap to be tolerated.

Go get 'em, plaintiff. Rip 'em a new one. Hopefully it'll be a civil rights lawsuit. And hopefully it'll demand erasure of those people from education service in future (by yanking their tickets), though somehow I doubt the libs in the courts will ever let it go that far.
    e4dan and msgt/ret like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If he would have been charged for drawing the tools, then we would have a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If he would have been charged for drawing the tools, then we would have a problem....
    Had he actually touched the mini T-square or dared to draw it on paper, likely they'd hang him. It is Chicago, after all.

Gawd, we're gonna run out of fencing once all the walls are put up. Where's the shovel and moat-digging equipment ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I really can not believe this. I am shocked this is WAY out of control

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links