The ramifications of UBC is lost on the U.S. population.

This is a discussion on The ramifications of UBC is lost on the U.S. population. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This continues to be the most disconcerting topic for me. Most people, including gun-owners, still do not understand the ramifications of expanded background checks. Has ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: The ramifications of UBC is lost on the U.S. population.

The ramifications of UBC is lost on the U.S. population.

This continues to be the most disconcerting topic for me. Most people, including gun-owners, still do not understand the ramifications of expanded background checks. Has no one heard of a slippery slope?

Fox News poll: During a manhunt, 69 percent of voters want a gun | Fox News

2. Remove Ads

Slippery slope? You think they care? Most of them probably hope that slippery slope funnels right into a gun eating pulverizer.

But, if you made them go through background checks to purchase their next car.... Or a pressure cooker. Or a cell phone (triggering device). Or bleach. Or peroxide... And so on, ad infinitum...

Do you think they might care?

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It's not lost with me.Like other's,i don't trust this government and their bogus bull.I kept hearing 80 or 90% of the people wanted background cks,and i know that's garbage.It had to be a small portion of people.I haven't seen,read,or heard,of anyone,that was asked about any poll,so far as gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    It's not lost with me.Like other's,i don't trust this government and their bogus bull.I kept hearing 80 or 90% of the people wanted background cks,and i know that's garbage.It had to be a small portion of people.I haven't seen,read,or heard,of anyone,that was asked about any poll,so far as gun control.
    We all need to know how polling works... Usually, a small, RANDOM sample of people nationwide are asked a question. They are also asked "demographic" questions to assure that the sample is "representative" of the ENTIRE population... (It could happen that, by chance, all your responders were democratic party members... And your poll would not be representative.)

Many of these polls have a base of respondents of about 1,000 people.

In a nation of 300 million, your odds of knowing someone who was polled is really very slim.

Typically, too, you'll find that conservative folks don't like to answer polls... "I've got caller ID, if I Don't know who's calling, I don't answer..."

So, it's harder to get a representative sample.

I too have caller ID. But, I often answer anyway... Who knows, if more of us did, the polls might not be so skewed.

If it's a sales call, I just tell 'em I'm not interested, and hang up... No big deal.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The public doesn't care because the government is the protector-provider to the 47% who wouldn't vote for Rommney. The liberals are so smug and self satisfied that they believe they'yre more evolved and the rest of us are not capable of making our own decisions. They will care when its their turn but by then it will be too late.

Low Information Voters combined with poorly written poll questions equals desired results for supported agenda.
    HotGuns, Alex_C, DaveH and 1 others like this.

Links