Great blog to the gun control lobby

This is a discussion on Great blog to the gun control lobby within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dear Gun Control Democrats: 6 Ways to Make a Better Argument | Kontradictions I think this is a well-written, well-thought out article on the problems ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By miklcolt45
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By sensei2

Thread: Great blog to the gun control lobby

Great blog to the gun control lobby

Dear Gun Control Democrats: 6 Ways to Make a Better Argument | Kontradictions

I think this is a well-written, well-thought out article on the problems with gun control from someone who is a self-proclaimed liberal.

"I write this letter as someone who is politically far left of center. You and I have a lot in common, though you may not want to admit it by the end of this article. I think itís time we had a talk."
    Tzadik likes this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

That is a fairly well-written piece. The author makes a number of simple, clear points that are spot-on.
    mprp likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That may be the single best, most convincing piece related to gun control that I've ever read/seen/watched. Srsly. Kudos to the author. In fact, I am currently re-thinking my stance on UBC because of that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by From the blog post
    Background checks are a relatively new priority for Obama’s Justice Department, which only prosecuted 44 of the 48,000 felons and fugitives that submitted background checks to purchase a firearm (and were denied because of the functioning system) in 2012. When the NRA pointed out this out to Biden, the Vice President explained that they “simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form”.

Then how, pray tell, is adding to that number thousands of private transaction between individuals (who are already inherently law-abiding by filing the paperwork) going to help?
    Fairly succinct.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post

I think this is a well-written, well-thought out article on the problems with gun control from someone who is a self-proclaimed liberal.

"I write this letter as someone who is politically far left of center. You and I have a lot in common, though you may not want to admit it by the end of this article. I think itís time we had a talk."
    Holy cow Batman!! I just spent more than an hour reading about this gal who by her own admission is a Lefty First Class and yet would seem to stand shoulder to shoulder with dare I say we right wingers when the debate involves firearms whether it's mag size or AR's or hand guns. I admit it...I was a wee bit shocked but glad too.
    I also read on this site of hers that fully 250,000 people same to join the NRA in the 30 days following Newtown. That's 10,000 new members a day folks.

Unbelievable but in a good way. Another bit on her page showed that 95% of 15,000 LEO's do not believe banning 30R mags would have any good effect in reducing crime. Wow.
    She sounds way more like a right winger than a lefty. I don't say this lightly but I'm glad to hear she's in our corner.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Well done article/blog... But you can also see the antis pick it apart.

If every little fact isn't 100%, they get all huffy... But their arguments, based on lies and emotion? We don't dare question it, or we are baby killers.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Great read!
    British by birth. American by choice.

That was a surprisingly refreshing read, especially from a self proclaimed lefty.

Lengthy, but well-done...uses a lot of the anti's own misinformed statements...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post

"I write this letter as someone who is politically far left of center. You and I have a lot in common, though you may not want to admit it by the end of this article. I think it’s time we had a talk."
    Nice read.

Nice to see a fairly open mind on that side of the aisle... pretty rare these days.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

the only problem that i have with this article is that she's giving too much correct information to our political opponents.

i'd just as soon they continue to rail against the "powerful gun lobby" WITHOUT realizing that it's us ordinary citizens, who give the NRA it's power.

i'd just as soon they continue to speak about gun confiscation in their 'private' discussions, while lying to the country about 'not wanting to take away your guns'.

i'd just as soon they continue to push legislation whose only purpose is to make it harder and more expensive to own and use firearms, but which will do little or nothing to stem gun-related violence.

i know that virtually every reader of this forum sees through the gun grabbers' hypocrisy, but i was pleased to learn that there are many left-leaning gun-owners who see through it as well. (i know this is making the assumption that none of our members are left-leaning gun lovers, which is almost certainly not true)

i just want the gun grabbers to continue to fight stupidly as long as possible, and this article won't help.

other than that, i loved the article!

and we should examine our perhaps unconscious assumption that 'gun people' are always conservative, always vote Republican, and are always from red states. i think that there are many people who are pro-gun who are otherwise leftist in their beliefs. their conflict comes from having to choose between political candidates who think as they do about firearms, but have opposing positions on virtually every other matter of importance to them, or to choose one who has very different views on firearms, but supports the other agendas that they find important.

i'm saying that we need to encourage and support pro-gun Democratic candidates whenever we can. this is especially true as the Republican Party could well choose the path of demographic suicide by continuing to alienate minority voters of nearly every persuasion, when these voters, considered as a group, will be the majority by mid-century, if not before.

otherwise pro-gun Democrats will be primaried out by the extremists on the left the way moderate Republicans have been primaried out by candidates and voters on the far right.

if we can somehow separate the gun issue from the other hot button issues that are polarizing the country, i think we'd be surprised at how widespread pro-gun sentiment actually is.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Links