Got this from my state rep today

This is a discussion on Got this from my state rep today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From: Rep. Dian Slavens (District 21) <dist021@house.mi.gov> To: "tsains03@yahoo.com" <tsains03@yahoo.com> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:14 PM Subject: RE: I stand with the NRA Thank ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ppkheat

Thread: Got this from my state rep today

Got this from my state rep today

From: Rep. Dian Slavens (District 21) <dist021@house.mi.gov>
    To: "tsains03@yahoo.com" <tsains03@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:14 PM
    Subject: RE: I stand with the NRA

Thank you for getting in touch with my office, your feedback is important to me as I work to represent our entire community.

It may interest you to know that two bills have been introduced in Michigan seeking to create a "Michigan Firearms Freedom Act." House Bill 4099, sponsored by Representative MacMaster, has been referred to the House Committee on Judiciary. Senate Bill 63, sponsored by Senator Pavlov, passed out of the Senate Committee on Judiciary and is now before the full Senate awaiting a vote. I have included a link to the Senate Bill 63 analysis for your review. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-0063-S.pdf

Thank you again for your input, please continue to keep me informed on issues of importance to you and your family.

Warm Regards,

Dian Slavens
    State Representative, 21st District
    888-DIST-021 (888-347-0821)

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:33 PM
    To: Rep. Dian Slavens (District 21)
    Subject: I stand with the NRA

April 16, 2013

The Honorable Dian Slavens
    PO Box 30014
    Lansing, MI 48909-7514

Dear State Assemblyman Slavens,

You have promised an oath to protect our constitution. I expect you to protect it.

Sincerely,
    I Love Guns!!!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good luck with her, and keep the pressure on. Encourage your family and friends to do the same.

It's obvious what you want in your letter to her, it's not obvious (to me) where she stands. By what she wrote, she's only committed to essentially thanking you for your letter and input.
    Taurahe likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links