GE Capital stops lending to gun shops....

This is a discussion on GE Capital stops lending to gun shops.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This was just announced, but the extent of the lending ban - as well as the possible impact - isn't yet clear. There was one ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GE Capital stops lending to gun shops....

GE Capital stops lending to gun shops....

This was just announced, but the extent of the lending ban - as well as the possible impact - isn't yet clear. There was one talking head on TV stating that the ban applies to shops that ONLY sell guns.

GE Capital Stops Lending to Gun Shops

The interesting twist on this is that GE Capital issues the "Dick's Sporting Goods" branded credit card. Dick's still sells guns, so is GE going to be pulling the cards? Obviously, Dick's sells other sporting goods as well, so perhaps not.

2. Remove Ads

This practice isn't new or unique to GE Capital, B of A started not renewing lines of credit for gun stores at the end of 2012. I know it is only a matter of time before a bunch of posts come up about protesting them etc.

Save it. Banks like B of A are so massive that they really couldn't care less if we pull our accounts etc. That's just a sad dose of reality, like it or not, it is true.
    Last edited by MJB_17; April 25th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

The WSJ stated it is only applicable to stores which are solely gun and ammo stores, and that GE Capital will still lend to Dick's and W*M (e.g. broad-line retailers)
    Hopyard likes this.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick of hearing the antis hang there hat on the phrase: "In the wake of" OR "following the Sandy Hook shooting" ..... when are they going to grow a set and claim there agenda.

Jeanlouise and airslot like this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

A company that makes and sells whole array of weapons and weapons system to the military is not going to finance a tool that is used by regular person to stop an intruder because they might offend some people from sandy hook.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I know it is only a matter of time before a bunch of posts come up about protesting them etc.

Save it. Banks like B of A are so massive that they really couldn't care less if we pull our accounts etc. That's just a sad dose of reality, like it or not, it is true.
    I have to (respectfully, of course) semi-disagree with your statements above. But it's a matter of resolution...I personally refrain from doing business with businesses that I disagree with. Not that I'm trying to put them out of business, just that I have choices and I exercise those choices. Because of this, I've had to change products, my favorite cologne for one thing (away from Kenneth Cole's Black), and I refuse to watch certain TV shows and movies because I don't want to support the actors or Networks. I will never buy another Springsteen CD now either.

I'm not naive to think that others will join in, but at least they can't use MY money to promote things I hate. ;)

-Radar-

Gee whiz... so some shops will have to get financing or credit card coverage (for transactions) from someone other than usurious GE Capital. It's not like they're the only game in town. I say good riddance.
    wmhawth and R040607 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Gee whiz... so some shops will have to get financing or credit card coverage (for transactions) from someone other than usurious GE Capital. It's not like they're the only game in town. I say good riddance.
    Most if not all banks and credit card processors are controlled by liberals that go out of their way not to have anything to do with guns. they control the money and that is how they will control us

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Adam Lanza's father is an exec at GE Capital. Maybe a case of the guilts? Maybe if he spent more time with his kid we would not be talking about this.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I also boycott any company that I find has an agenda that I disagree with. I know it probably makes no difference but it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Voting doesn't seem to work any more.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

How do you boycott a company the size of GE?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The WSJ stated it is only applicable to stores which are solely gun and ammo stores, and that GE Capital will still lend to Dick's and W*M (e.g. broad-line retailers)
    Which suggests this might be an economic decision by GE Cap. rather than an anti-gun issue. It sounds like they
    want to assure themselves they are lending to companies large enough, and with a diverse enough retail base, to get the loan
    repaid.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Which suggests this might be an economic decision by GE Cap. rather than an anti-gun issue. It sounds like they
    want to assure themselves they are lending to companies large enough, and with a diverse enough retail base, to get the loan
    repaid.
    Nice try, but I really doubt it...
    airslot likes this.

There are upwards of 90 million gun owners in this country. But guns are not their only purchase. They buy appliances, cars, light bulbs, lighting fixtures, etc. I, for example, don't buy GM products because they shafted their bond holders to become a nationalized company. And I don't buy GE products because they have a history of extreme statism. In fact their CEO is so close to Barry that if one ever stopped short you'd need a winch to separate them.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links