Got me another letter,,,,,,Good one

This is a discussion on Got me another letter,,,,,,Good one within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I appreciate you taking the time to contact me to voice your support for the Second Amendment. I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rutcrazed

Thread: Got me another letter,,,,,,Good one

I appreciate you taking the time to contact me to voice your support for the Second Amendment.

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. This is a sacred trust. The Constitution includes all amendments and the Second Amendment is no exception.

Furthermore, I would like you to know that as an English teacher, I understand the meaning of a subordinate clause, and I do not buy into the argument that the language concerning the necessity of a militia has any bearing on the fact that the 2nd Amendment clearly confers the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement, upon the people, not the government, and I consider criminalizing guns that millions of Americans already own, guns capable of defending one against multiple attackers, to be infringement in the first degree.

Merriam-Webster defines infringement as “an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege,” and encroachment as “[the entering] by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another.” That definition suits present-day attempts to limit gun rights perfectly.

As a schoolteacher, I was shaken by the events that took place in Connecticut. But depriving people of the right to defend themselves as they see fit is surely no solution.

I, for one, will honor my oath to defend the Constitution, and I will hold firm against any attempt to restrict your right to protect yourself and your family.

I thank you for your activism. It is surely the truth that eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, and if constituents across America were not speaking up for their rights, our liberty might have been lost long ago.

Sincerely,

Kerry Bentovolio
    Voice likes this.
    I Love Guns!!!

Excellent letter. I'm always glad to see when some "get it".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Looked him up:

Retired Army E-7. Vietnam Infantry vet.

Good man.

Great letter.

Simple. Straightforward. No-nonsense. No subterfuge, apparently. He's BTDT, as a vet. He acknowledges his prime directive to those of us who hired him is: work within his sworn oath to benefit the people, and to avoid at all costs tearing apart the Constitution and our liberties.

With his background, apparently he's a doer, not a professional liar and front-man. Kudos to him, for that.

Two thumbs up, absolutely. If only more congress critters would smell the coffee, adhering to their blood oaths to us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links