FBI Conducting Gun Sweep in Oakland, CA

This is a discussion on FBI Conducting Gun Sweep in Oakland, CA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Article here: FBI, local police conducting massive sweep in Oakland | www.ktvu.com Looks like they're rapidly enforcing the recently passed SB 140, which allows confiscation ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: FBI Conducting Gun Sweep in Oakland, CA

FBI Conducting Gun Sweep in Oakland, CA

Article here: FBI, local police conducting massive sweep in Oakland | www.ktvu.com

Looks like they're rapidly enforcing the recently passed SB 140, which allows confiscation from 'criminals' and 'serious mental illnesses.' I know some of us may have differing opinions on confiscation but we can all agree it has been made possible by registration (CA is one of the few states).

Ugh, I can see veterans next for "all having PTSD" from Feinstein's view.

2. Remove Ads

"Registration won't lead to confiscation"

Oh really, now?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

How does the FBI legitimately get engaged in the enforcement of a local law?
    BugDude, OD*, archer51 and 11 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

They gonna hit the wrong state or states one of these days hopefully a very long time in the future and find out every place isnt CA NY etc the hard way.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    I didn't see such details from the story. Can you elaborate on the facts?
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I normally go actually read the articles but this time I didnt on my first post just took the link at face value.

Now that I read it unless im missing something in a big way it says there is a sweep but it doenst say why or what for that I can see anyplace.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianSteel View Post
    Article here: FBI, local police conducting massive sweep in Oakland | www.ktvu.com

Looks like they're rapidly enforcing the recently passed SB 140, which allows confiscation from 'criminals' and 'serious mental illnesses.' I know some of us may have differing opinions on confiscation but we can all agree it has been made possible by registration (CA is one of the few states).

Ugh, I can see veterans next for "all having PTSD" from Feinstein's view.
    How did you come up with your statement when the article says that the police did not say what they were doing?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Feds, Oakland police crackdown on Acorn Project crime | www.ktvu.com

I couldn't find anything on an outright confiscation of guns, but there was a joint operation involving rounding up gang members in a specific ACORN housing project ..... and guns were conficated from the arrested, but rightly so.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

3ss5ki.jpg

I Love this one

...I stand with you on this one...'til they "sweep up" the criminals in Washington, DC, they've no business out down-yer-nosin' it with the states!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    They gonna hit the wrong state or states one of these days hopefully a very long time in the future and find out every place isnt CA NY etc the hard way.
    NONAME762 likes this.

...this link Feds, Oakland police crackdown on Acorn Project crime | www.ktvu.com located within the other link has more details
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I didn't see such details from the story. Can you elaborate on the facts?
    ...some of the news sources change the stories by way of update...some leave the titles the same...some post 2-3 stories with updates...ya gotta dig more than the old days...

...that's covered here: "...Jones said officers were hoping to arrest more suspects and seize more military-style weapons..."

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Feds, Oakland police crackdown on Acorn Project crime | www.ktvu.com

I couldn't find anything on an outright confiscation of guns, but there was a joint operation involving rounding up gang members in a specific ACORN housing project ..... and guns were conficated from the arrested, but rightly so.

Thanks for the contribution Snub! I had accidentally closed one tab and forgot to post that link with it.... oops! Figures the second link had more information. I'll see what I can find now but here is California's Senate Bill 140, which was enrolled on 4/23/2013.

Here is some more information on the bill: California Gun Confiscation Bill Passes, Approves $24 Million To Expedite Illegal Gun Seizure

As for the additional information on the raid: Five suspects arrested in police-FBI raids targeting West Oakland gang - San Jose Mercury News

Now, I'm not saying what went down wasn't justified, I am merely worried that it's the start of "justifying" it against others when the time comes. Register this, register that, then mag size/AR limits, then the raids all thanks to the database.

So as I read it they are confiscating weapons from drug dealers they are arresting. Did I miss something? Do we have any information to show that registration had anything to do with this at all? I mean, does anyone here believe that the drug dealers had legally registered their weapons and those records were how the cops found them?
    glockman10mm, Tzadik and Hopyard like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Confiscation is nothing new in CA. In fact the bill (SB-140) clearly outlines the rsponsibility of the AG to monitor the firearms owner list vs. the unlawful person list. Here is that plan in action:

Tonight on AC360: California goes after illegal guns ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Serving warrants on felons, fine. Confiscating ammo from a man with a temporary restraining order? Unless you're an actor, pothead, or illegal alien, get out of CA NOW !!!
    Last edited by Nmuskier; April 26th, 2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to include Democrats. You're welcome to stay in CA too!
    Snub44 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links