Kansas Enacts Nullification of Federal 2A Restrictions (SB 102)

This is a discussion on Kansas Enacts Nullification of Federal 2A Restrictions (SB 102) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kansas has passed state law that nullifies any federal regulation of firearms in Kansas: Here is a summary of the bill: First, the bill excludes ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By rugergunner

Thread: Kansas Enacts Nullification of Federal 2A Restrictions (SB 102)

Thumbs up Kansas Enacts Nullification of Federal 2A Restrictions (SB 102)

Kansas has passed state law that nullifies any federal regulation of firearms in Kansas:

Here is a summary of the bill:
    First, the bill excludes from federal regulation any personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured commercially or privately and owned in Kansas. The bill provides that for as long as any such personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition remains within the borders of Kansas, it is not subject to any federal law, regulation, or authority.

Second, the bill prevents any federal agent or contracted employee, any state employee, or any local authority from enforcing any federal regulation or law governing any personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured commercially or privately and owned in Kansas, provided it remains within the borders of Kansas. In the process of a criminal prosecution, the bill precludes any arrest or detention prior to a trial for a violation of the Act.

Finally, the bill allows a county or district attorney or the Attorney General to seek injunctive relief in court to enjoin certain federal officials from enforcing federal law regarding a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately and owned in the state of Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas.
    Here is the full text of SB 102 for those who are curious: Kansas SB 102 Enrolled

I take it that if a federal AWB does go through, Kansas will not comply.

2. Remove Ads

As well they shouldnt. I know this all is limited to stuff made in and kept in a particular state but its an awesome start in putting the Feds back in their box.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    As well they shouldnt. I know this all is limited to stuff made in and kept in a particular state but its an awesome start in putting the Feds back in their box.
    Cannot argue with you...However, we need more than a hand full of states for this to actually work.
    rugergunner likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The feds and our hirelings in Congress have shown their gun-grabbing, liberty-hating, criminalize-everything colors. And the courts have shown their utter failure to be able to justify how the 2A doesn't apply to "arms" and that it "shall not be infringed," showing complete willingness to go along with the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" philosophy of the tyrannical few we hire.

And so, it's up to the People to refuse to comply with the clearly unconstitutional attempts to criminalize us. ALL STATES should, IMO, do exactly what the exasperated few have done so far, and which the Kansas governor signed on April 16.

Kudos to Kansas!
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I believe more than one has passed such laws. My own state senate passed the same thing but our house didnt action on it which I am hammering my reps in the house on now. Hopefully they will move on it soon.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Cannot argue with you...However, we need more than a hand full of states for this to actually work.
    Right. We need all states, or at least 80% of them, to stand together on this and tell the federal government to back off.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Tennessee passed the same type of law a year or two ago. I like the idea of it but the Federal government sent letters almost immediately telling the state that the laws wwere unenforceable and that they would do what ever the hell they wanted. All I can say is, there are a whole lot of us in TN who will fight back.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Oh I am sure that the federal government will attempt to strongarm them back. The key is, as rugergunner said, for more states to do similar. It would be easy for the feds to squash it in one or two states, but 20 or more? Would be difficult and expensive.

Links