When You are not longer represented.

This is a discussion on When You are not longer represented. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://patdollard.com/2013/04/ted-cr...ntrol/:aargh4: I am at a loss. What are your thoughts on this. I have two Republican senators who are hit-or-miss when voting on conservative issues. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: When You are not longer represented.

http://patdollard.com/2013/04/ted-cr...ntrol/:aargh4:

I am at a loss. What are your thoughts on this. I have two Republican senators who are hit-or-miss when voting on conservative issues. They talk a good game, pictures with shotguns and such during the campaigns, but don't stand for constitutional liberty every time.

What do we do when the "conservative" representation allows our liberties to be eroded? I fear that we're closing in on a line that, once crossed, will be the end of the Republic and the liberties it has allowed.

People like Ted Cruz give me hope in American politics...

What the politicians need to realize is that we stick to doing things the legal and political way because we are law-abiding citizens. However, potentially demonizing us as Constitutionalists is only going to push us into a corner. And I think they need to remember what the Colonists did when they were pushed into that same corner.

VIP Member
    Simple answer: Vote them out. Encourage folks to run and donate to individuals who will stand by the Constitution. Don't vote for them!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

I'm not sure, since voting hasn't worked for me, neither has donating, neither has writing or calling my Congressmen... maybe some people on here should run for public office. Seriously, we could all run in our districts. Even if one or two people get elected, it might help.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Moderator
    I am a white,conservative,over 50,gun-owning male that still works for a living and happens to be Christian.

I havent been "represented" for years.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    We no longer have elected representatives, we now have representatives that represent their own agenda and are nothing more than parasites enriching themselves at the expense of the taxpayers.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    When someone mentions,inspecting your home,to make sure,your rifle is stored safely,or,you need anger management classes before,you buy ammo,i don't know, what to think anymore.Someone decides,you can't leave your rifle, to your son or daughter,without our approval.They certainly don't care,about rights.I wonder,if they think it's a game.One anti gun state,going to,out do the other.I send emails,and,try to see who votes for what laws,in my state,and,go from there.

Link would not work for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cthruit View Post
    http://patdollard.com/2013/04/ted-cr...ntrol/:aargh4:

I am at a loss. What are your thoughts on this. I have two Republican senators who are hit-or-miss when voting on conservative issues. They talk a good game, pictures with shotguns and such during the campaigns, but don't stand for constitutional liberty every time.

What do we do when the "conservative" representation allows our liberties to be eroded? I fear that we're closing in on a line that, once crossed, will be the end of the Republic and the liberties it has allowed.
    Your representative represents you, and approximately 699,999 other people in his district. The rest of them may not
    believe exactly the same things you do, or feel exactly the same way you do on many issues. Your representative represents
    the whole district, not you as an individual unless you have gone to him for assistance with a particular problem.

What is seen as dancing on the part of politicians is an attempt to meet the wishes of a majority of the people in your district.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

They "represent" those who grease their palm.

Got money? Got vote.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Let your Congresscritters know where you stand. Visit them in their home office. Ask where they stand on issues important to you, and don't be satisfied with an ambiguous answer. Accept a disagreement based on fact, but not on emotion. If you have special knowledge or skill, offer it up - you never know what may come of that offer. And encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same as you.
    ccw9mm, Hopyard, Darrow75 and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Communicate, communicate, communicate. Let your Congresscritters know where you stand. Visit them in their home office. Ask where they stand on issues important to you, and don't be satisfied with an ambiguous answer. Accept a disagreement based on fact, but not on emotion. If you have special knowledge or skill, offer it up - you never know what may come of that offer. And encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same as you.
    ^ THIS is an extremely important part of participative citizenship. Without it, we effectively cede control to others. Active engagement is one of the few tools we have to retain governance of the People, by the People, for the People.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Your representative represents you, and approximately 699,999 other people in his district. The rest of them may not
    believe exactly the same things you do, or feel exactly the same way you do on many issues. Your representative represents
    the whole district, not you as an individual unless you have gone to him for assistance with a particular problem.

What is seen as dancing on the part of politicians is an attempt to meet the wishes of a majority of the people in your district
    Just like anything else, that is not the case 100% of the time.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Makes me glad I voted for Ted in the election.

The part that cracks me up is when Dems shout "But the country!". Sorry, my Senator isn't beholden to the country, he's beholden to the citizens in the state of Texas, and he did what the people in the state wanted, as it's supposed to be done.

I just wish Senators would be paid by the state they represent and not the Fed.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

What is seen as dancing on the part of politicians is an attempt to meet the wishes of a majority of the people in your district.
    I was an elected official for four terms, and I believe I have far more insight into the average elected official than most people. I have seen first hand who the majority of local, county and state elected officials attempted to please first, and in most cases it was not the people, it was the big contributors to their campaign accounts. Did I accept campaign contributions from the High Rollers, no, I did not on my first campaign and I ran unopposed on my last three terms. I would suggest that to get a better understanding of your representative(s) a person should request a copy of their campaign account. In most cases it will project the direction your representative will take based on the size of the contributions. I have met several elected officials that did attempt to meet the wishes of the people in their districts, and not the demands of the High Rollers and their consultants, they are no longer in office.
    ccw9mm and ItalianSteel like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links