Breaktime is over, Time to go back to work

This is a discussion on Breaktime is over, Time to go back to work within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Manchin says he's working to get another Senate vote on gun background check Published April 28, 2013, FoxNews.com West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin said ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SigPapa226
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By Hoplyte

Thread: Breaktime is over, Time to go back to work

Thumbs down Breaktime is over, Time to go back to work

Manchin says he's working to get another Senate vote on gun background check

Published April 28, 2013, FoxNews.com

West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin said Sunday he’s not finished with his effort to expand background checks for gun buyers, despite the proposal’s defeat and other key senators appearing to now move beyond the issue.

Manchin told “Fox News Sunday” that he’s going to rework the proposal to get it back to the Senate floor.

"I believe that with all of my heart, and we're going to work this bill,” he told Fox News.

Read more: Manchin says he's working to get another Senate vote on gun background check | Fox News

Second Source - Video: http://video.foxnews.com/v/2337708672001/

Third Source: http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/04/2.../?subscriber=1

Everyone needs to the their Congressmen NO Gun Control, NO UBCs, NO Expanded Background Checks, NO INFRINGEMENT on the Second Amendment.

W VA. people - recommend you tell Manchin you are becoming a one issue voter. No Gun Control or NO job take your pick!
    Last edited by SigPapa226; April 29th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

I have written Sen. Manchin (D-WV) to voice my opposition towards his "gun legislation" however, it fell on deaf ears. He is all for it and no amount of opposition from the people will sway him. He's basically a traitor and will stop at nothing to achieve "his" goals.

Sen. Rockefeller (D-WV) is not running for re-election and he will vote for gun control and that's that.

The only hope we have is with the two in the U.S. House of Representatives, Shelly Capito (R-WV) and Nick Rahall (D-WV) who staunchly oppose gun control.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    No matter what you think or say,these anti gun lawmakers do not care.They seem to keep coming up with some of the most senseless,dumbest gun laws,i've ever heard.I really believe all some are doing is grandstanding.Their is no doubt in my mind,they get,just one thing changed,and they will try to sneak something else in.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    If he really wanted something that would increase safety and had a chance passing, don't you think he would ask for advice from the NRA?

We should have never let up. It is time to remind these people they work for us. 2014 is right around the corner, I feel a wind of (real)change coming....
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I have written Manchin several times in the last few months. He doesn't care what I think. He doesn't seem to care what WV as a state thinks. WV, although it votes democratic in most local and some national elections, is a heavily pro gun state. In the last state legislative session the only bills that made through the state house and senate were pro gun. I have no doubt that the vast majority of people who contacted Manchin were pro gun. He just doesn't care. He's going to do whatever he wants, not what the people of his state want him to do. He knows this means he probably won't get reelected. There has been talk that he won't even seek another term. So he has nothing to lose. This is the problem you get when you have elected officials who follow their own agenda rather than the agenda of the people who elected them, or the agenda of protecting and defending the Constitution.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Which part of "NO!" do they not understand? Cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias at its finest, and I'm not even a psychologist.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Those who either figure they cant get re elected anyway, dont want to run again, or have been so enamored with Obama are pushing this stuff. NRA A rated politicians are doing everything some of them (Reid) can to get this junk passed.

Anyone that isnt blind and deaf knows for the past lord knows how many years the main goal of the Feds everytime they think they can push it and not start a civil war is to disarm America. And there is only one reason for that. Control.
    Simple as that, plain as that, learn it, live it and vote like it. Pound NRA and other groups to stop A rating question marks.

Demand our pro gun reps either get off their duffs and work for total repeal of gun laws or get the boot until we get some in there that will. Nobody wants the eventual alternative.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Which part of "NO!" do they not understand? Cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias at its finest, and I'm not even a psychologist.
    My father used to say" In order to get a stubborn mule to do what needs to be done, you have to whack him across the head with a 2x4 to get his attention" Guess we best get back to whackin, apparently some of the mules haven't got the message yet.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Links