40 reasons to support gun control

This is a discussion on 40 reasons to support gun control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please read before commenting 40 Reasons to Support Gun Control...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 40 reasons to support gun control

40 reasons to support gun control

Please read before commenting

40 Reasons to Support Gun Control

2. Remove Ads

Very well stated.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Nice.....I saved a copy of it.....Thanks
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

VIP Member
    There are a few fallacies in these anecdotes. While guns are tough to legally acquire in DC, they can be had in other jurisdictions easily. Thus an "inflow" of guns into these areas results. Also, the UK has 1/4 the homicide rate of the US, according to stats on wikipedia: List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't think you need to defend the rights afforded by the Constitution. You do not. The rights exist and are operative by virtue of the Constitution. To engage in the "argument of anecdotes" is to accept the underlying premise that you need to defend a foundational right upon which this country was founded.

I think its better to not rely on anecdotal arguments. I think the better argument is the Second Amendment protects our right to bear arms, and that self defense is a natural right. If people want a change, then by all means, amend the Constitution.

We can make all sorts of arguments about other rights protected by the Constitution. Speech can kill. The Fourth Amendment has let killers go free. The Fifth amendment has let killers go free. And so on. But nobody is arguing we should drastically restrict, by statute, the rights afforded by these amendments. The same should go for the second amendment. Let's not buy into their game.*

*But not to be a total buzz kill, there are some good points in the link.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I've got one that's a lot shorter & easier to remember: I need a gun in the same way Rosa Parks needed to sit at the front of the bus.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2
    Sister and Tzadik like this.

Very good indeed. Now let our politicians read this. Oooops I forgot they cant read either.

Well done.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Very good I copied it too

I love it! There are so many good points but I particualraly like #36, in light of the fact that Obama likes to flank himself with police chiefs when talking about how "reasonable" his gun control agenda is: Citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection but police chiefs, who are desk-bound administrators who work in a building filled with cops, need a gun.

I'm digging it...I've committed a few of those pearls of wisdom to memory.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    There are a few fallacies in these anecdotes. While guns are tough to legally acquire in DC, they can be had in other jurisdictions easily. Thus an "inflow" of guns into these areas results. ...
    How so? Is it legal for a DC resident to purchase handguns in Virginia, or Maryland?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Don't think you need to defend the rights afforded by the Constitution. You do not. The rights exist and are operative by virtue of the Constitution. To engage in the "argument of anecdotes" is to accept the underlying premise that you need to defend a foundational right upon which this country was founded.
    In a perfect America you are correct.... However we do have to defend our 2nd amendment rights(along with others). If what you said is true none of us wouldn't have to had to contact our senators recently(and soon more contact) since there would not have been the so called common sense gun control laws.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Ex Member Array HillbilliesRule's Avatar
    There are a few fallacies in these anecdotes. While guns are tough to legally acquire in DC, they can be had in other jurisdictions easily. Thus an "inflow" of guns into these areas results. Also, the UK has 1/4 the homicide rate of the US, according to stats on wikipedia: List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think its better to not rely on anecdotal arguments. I think the better argument is the Second Amendment protects our right to bear arms, and that self defense is a natural right. If people want a change, then by all means, amend the Constitution.

We can make all sorts of arguments about other rights protected by the Constitution. Speech can kill. The Fourth Amendment has let killers go free. The Fifth amendment has let killers go free. And so on. But nobody is arguing we should drastically restrict, by statute, the rights afforded by these amendments. The same should go for the second amendment. Let's not buy into their game.*

*But not to be a total buzz kill, there are some good points in the link.
    The point of statements about DC was to point out how ineffective firearm laws really are. It was obviously not intended to be a dissertation but simply a cynical examination (Diogenes cynicism) of the fallacies and inaccuracies of the gun control establishment.

I've never understood how liberals can say that guns in the hands of criminals or lunatics are efficient and effective killing machines that must be banned because of how easy it makes it for people to kill people yet these same weapons in the hands of law-abiding citizens are inefficient and ineffective for self-defense because they are so difficult to operate and hard to hit what you are trying to hit. How does the gun know when to be efficient and effective and when not to be???
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Some really good points in there.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links