Pro-gun rights billboard in Colorado features native Americans

This is a discussion on Pro-gun rights billboard in Colorado features native Americans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like this billboard. GunBillboardColorado.JPG Greeley resident Maureen Brucker, who has worked with Native American organizations and who frequents the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pro-gun rights billboard in Colorado features native Americans

Pro-gun rights billboard in Colorado features native Americans

I like this billboard.

GunBillboardColorado.JPG

Greeley resident Maureen Brucker, who has worked with Native American organizations and who frequents the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota as an honorary family member, said she thinks the billboards are making light of atrocities the federal government committed against Native Americans.

Read more: Native Americans incensed over pro-gun rights billboard in Colorado | Fox News
    Au contraire, Ms. Brucker. I think this billboard makes a very serious point about the atrocities of a government against disarmed people. Let it not happen to any of us again.

2. Remove Ads

I like it too!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    Honorary family member... yeah, right. As one who has spent a fair amount of time on both Pine Ridge and Rosebud, the Rez is about as rough as it gets. I'll keep my guns, and the government can keep its free cheddar.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Lets not foget Wounded Knee twice

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I love it. Most people in this country have been brainwashed, meaning that they don't understand history or human nature. Here in the USA, we haven't had, or at least not in our lifetimes, "interesting" times like in Bosnia, Syria, the former USSR, or a host of other uprisings/revolutions. People are complacent and think, "But....but.....but....this is America! Those things don't happen here!" Well, guess what? The reason those things haven't happened here is because of the U.S. Constitution. And specifically, the 2nd Amendment.

It is in the nature of some people to dominate over other people. Period. Whether it's a criminal or an oppressive government, it makes no difference. There is a reason why the gun was once called an "equalizer;" it puts a 110-pound woman on par with a 250-pound aggressive would-be rapist.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    Lets not foget Wounded Knee twice
    Or the Washita, or Gnadenhutten, or Chief Joseph's people, or countless other painful, embarrassing tragedies.
    Arejay likes this.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    The detractors are either themselves revisionist historians or have listened to too many of them. The point is clearly that the Native Americans were lied to and taken advantage of by the US Government. They were disarmed and stuffed onto reservations. Why should we think the government will deal differently with the rest of us if we allow them to lie to us (which they are currently openly doing) and disarm us?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Many of the atrocities committed by the government would not have been solved by firearms. Google online Cobell vs. Norton, et al. It's amazing what was done both to the tribes as a whole and to individual Indians. The worst part of it is that most of it was done by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Most of the senior employees of BIA are Indians and did it to their brothers and sisters. Greed, pure and simple.

But I do like the billboard.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Many of the atrocities committed by the government would not have been solved by firearms. Google online Cobell vs. Norton, et al. It's amazing what was done both to the tribes as a whole and to individual Indians. The worst part of it is that most of it was done by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Most of the senior employees of BIA are Indians and did it to their brothers and sisters. Greed, pure and simple.

But I do like the billboard.
    And which Indians become senior employees of the BIA?
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And which Indians become senior employees of the BIA?
    Mike, I worked on that case for over 4 years and almost all of the senior BIA employees were Indians. I can't speak to the bureaucrats in DC, but in all the field offices I went to, and there were many, most of the managers were Indians.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

My thanks to the chief

When I was a strong union member although not brainwashed by the masses within, I brought up the subject of gun control at a union meeting. I was the Lone Ranger that day until a Indian that claimed to be a chief of his tribe (which I can not verify) stood up and stated that my statement was not to be laughed at or excused. He stated that here is a white man stating the truth that once the firearms are taken away you will be ruled as the Indians were. That was many years ago but he stood up for me that day and he deserves my thanks. He would have been proud to be depicted on this sign and I stand with him.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i think this billboard is awesome. i saw this the other day somewhere on the internet. makes most people actually stop and think about things like maybe the government doesn't actually do whats best for the people.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

While we remember the times the government massacred the defenseless masses.....Don't forget the battles where the masses defended themselves successfully against the government. Shows you how people CAN and WILL defend themselves. One comes to mind, LITTLE BIG HORN and Custer's Last Stand. I am sure there are many others.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Anyone who believes they can be happy and prosperous letting the US Govt take care of them needs to take a closer look at the American Indian.
    Dandyone likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Greeley resident Maureen Brucker, who has worked with Native American organizations and who frequents the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota as an honorary family member, said she thinks the billboards are making light of atrocities the federal government committed against Native Americans.
    Au contraire, Ms. Brucker. I think this billboard makes a very serious point about the atrocities of a government against disarmed people. Let it not happen to any of us again.
    Sad, to think that such messages to the citizenry need to come with a clear note of the satire, irony or tongue-in-cheek aspect of the message. And it's incredibly sad to think it'll take an extreme kick in the teeth to open the eyes of a good portion of the citizenry.

I like the message of that sign: that the governing few could easily become as bad as the tyrannical heartless few from decades past, if given only the least amount of wiggle room.

IMO, the failure of the message amongst the not-too-subtle percentage of citizens who mistake its meaning could be corrected by adding an asterisk and an additional statement, such as: "Citizens don't let their governing few disarm them; Subjects do." ...

GunBillboardColorado2.JPG
    Ransom likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links