Response from Senator Bill Nelson

This is a discussion on Response from Senator Bill Nelson within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So immediately following the vote on the Background checks I sent an email to Senator Bill Nelson and informed him of how disappointed I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Response from Senator Bill Nelson

So immediately following the vote on the Background checks I sent an email to Senator Bill Nelson and informed him of how disappointed I was as a voter of his state in his choice to vote for the background checks. ALso, let him know that I had voted for him in the past based on his always stating he was pro 2nd amendment. Today I received my reply from him. This is better tap dancing than what used to be on Star Search... Please see his reply below:

Date: April 30, 2013, 12:50:06 PM EDT
    Subject: RE: Your response from Senator Bill Nelson
    Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Contact Bill

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about gun control.

I grew up on a ranch and have been a hunter since I was a boy. I have had guns all my life. I support a person's constitutional right to bear arms. I support the Second Amendment.

And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if a person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, and access to mental health services.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind as the debate continues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: eBriefs
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

He's the worst kind because he claims to be pro gun and pro 2A and yet undermines our rights. That's disingenuous and not worthy of anyone's respect. Be what you are and don't claim to be something you're not. He's a liberal anti-gun towing the party line. Expect nothing else.
    bigmacque and ccw9mm like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I wouldn't write to that turncoat-traiter, forked-tounged, poor excuse for a representative...and those are his GOOD qualities.
    He's just been re-elected so he has 6 more years to care less...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    He is either too stupid to understand the underlying issue or he thinks you are too stupid to call him out. Probably the latter.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

He retires at the end of this term, thus is not seeking re-election, and could care less what any of us think about much of anything.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Same Xerox'd copy I got. He's not there because of my vote, that's for sure.
    boomer77 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Bill Nelson also voted in favor of turning our second amendment rights over to the U.N. via the U.N. Small Arms Treaty.

.....This man should be tried for Treason as he swore to uphold and protect the Constituion of the United States. He is doing everything to destroy it.
    rutcrazed likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Same response I get. I've called his office and reminded his staff the Second Amendment has nothing to do with the right to grow up on a farm.

Also, when I challenged them on exempting themselves from Obamacare they lied through their teeth.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    IMO the legals that want to side step truths seem to have the same letter writer and have sent it out to all that question ones stance. I have received 5 antis letter back and only a few words are changed and they may be taking a class on how to dance around the the true problem back in D.C.

He doesn't seem to be dancing, so much as not getting the reality.

A few criminals, yes, attempt to purchase guns at gun stores, and known criminals with felonious backgrounds get denied (but not arrested/charged, sadly). Most of them simply go elsewhere, and it's not as though forcing upstanding citizens to transact through dealers is going to change where vast majority of felons acquire their weaponry. Reality fail, on his part.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Same canned response I have gotten from him everytime I contact him about firearm issues.
    boomer77 likes this.

Senator As*hat. 'nuff said.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Nelson's office workers are as dumb as he, I got the same form letter as yours twice. I got the first back in reply to an e-mail about the national background check bill and the second one in reply to an e-mail about their attempt to opt out of Obamacare.

I have lost all faith and trust in all of our elected officials including Rubio.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

That's the same "canned" garbage i got from him a while back. The next time I wrote to him I reminded him that the 2A has nothing to do with growing up on a ranch and hunting, etc. I didn't get a response to that email.

When I was stationed at Patrick in the 80's, I told several friends of mine in the area that Bill Nelson was NOT the right person to represent Florida in the United States Senate and if I could have, I would have voted for anybody but him. I am proud to say this last go-around I did NOT vote for this turncoat. And I have received similar missives from him about this issue and others.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links