Obama’s Misfire on Gun Control

This is a discussion on Obama’s Misfire on Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The unintended consequences just keep on rolling in Obama's Misfire on Gun Control | National Review Online...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 2 Post By SmokinFool
  • 1 Post By phreddy

Thread: Obama’s Misfire on Gun Control

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Obama’s Misfire on Gun Control

The unintended consequences just keep on rolling in

Obama's Misfire on Gun Control | National Review Online
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Didn't get that whole literature reference, but the gist makes sense. The national gun control 'debate' was not successful at getting stricter federal controls, but five states enacted horrendous anti-gun legislation while 14 eased gun control regulations.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

The first paragraph of the article says:

Bill Clinton, burned badly in 1994 on the issue of gun control, warned President Obama earlier this year that he was setting himself up for a fall. But Obama did not listen. “A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton counseled Democratic donors in January. “I know because I come from this world.” The current president most definitely does not.

That pretty much says it all. Obama is not going to be deterred from his anti gun agenda. And if we're not careful he will get what he wants. It's our job t make sure that doesn't happen.
    BenGoodLuck and ppkheat like this.

Distinguished Member
    I hope anybody who is thinking about going along with Obama's agenda remebers that he cannot be re-elected so he doesn't face the same risks that they do.
    BugDude likes this.

VIP Member
    Excellent article about the effects of unintended consequences.

My paranoid side (WHO'S THAT BEHIND ME?!?!?), thinks this is all just a way for Obama to increase gun and ammo sales so he could pocket big donations from the gun industry!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

There is one bad thing in that article, Florida wasn't among the states where improvements were made. There were a couple of good bills bug they didn't get out of committee, well at least the many really bad bills proposed by our idiotic Democrats didn't get any where either.

Links