Manchin's Second Attempt ........ has anyone read the revised bill?

This is a discussion on Manchin's Second Attempt ........ has anyone read the revised bill? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.manchin.senate.gov/public...5B5BC8DF6F76B6 Has anybody out there read the section on interstate transportation? Found on pages 35, 36 of the above cited document. What do you make ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Manchin's Second Attempt ........ has anyone read the revised bill?

Manchin's Second Attempt ........ has anyone read the revised bill?

http://www.manchin.senate.gov/public...5B5BC8DF6F76B6

Has anybody out there read the section on interstate transportation? Found on pages 35, 36 of the above cited document.

What do you make of it?

In this instance let's say you're taking your guns from North Carolina to Pennsylvania to possibly sell them to a family member. You stop to pick your daughter up at Virginia tech and you stay in lodging on campus. Are you immuned from any and all violations? Can one now have guns on school property? In conformance with the language in the bill?

Is carrying an AR and a shotgun in the trunk of your car unloaded with the ammunition in a seperate container for your protection considered a lawful purpose?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by featherhead View Post
    http://www.manchin.senate.gov/public...5B5BC8DF6F76B6

Has anybody out there read the section on interstate transportation? Found on pages 35, 36 of the above cited document.

What do you make of it?

In this instance let's say you're taking your guns from North Carolina to Pennsylvania to possibly sell them to a family member. You stop to pick your daughter up at Virginia tech and you stay in lodging on campus. Are you immuned from any and all violations? Can one now have guns on school property? In conformance with the language in the bill?

Is carrying an AR and a shotgun in the trunk of your car unloaded with the ammunition in a seperate container for your protection considered a lawful purpose?
    He's trying "a spoon full of sugar to make bad medicine go down."

If only he'd put on some bloomers and float away while holding his parasol, I'd be thinking good luck had rub off on me....

Must be the penguins. Blame it on them!

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    I would love to know what this guy has been "promised"?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Here's what the WVCDL folks have to say about it

Full article
    Group: Enhanced background checks 'de facto registration' Local News The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia

A West Virginia group dedicated to private gun ownership says Sen. Joe Manchin’s once-failed enhanced background checks is “de facto registration” and could lead to confiscation of firearms.

Keith Morgan, president of West Virginia Citizens Defense League, based in Charleston, says the proposal that Manchin plans to re-introduce would do nothing to prevent the illegal use of guns.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

Distinguished Member
    The jerk better not get anything but a F rating from the NRA next rating session. And you WV's better be flooding his office with calls, letters, and faxes telling him what an idiot he is.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; May 1st, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Let's think of it like this. Give a little get a little. We alreadly have to fill out a 4473 to buy a gun from a dealer. The idiots think expanding that to private sales will reduce crime. We know that's false. But by giving them a hollow victory and a feel good worthless solution, we get in exchange the ability to transport guns anywhere in the country with immunity from arrest. His bill reads that anyone transporting a gun in conformance with the safe storage rules can bring the gun ANYWHERE and not be subject to arrest or detainment by any state or local law.

We are already filling out 4473s and the paperwork is not centralized to any govt agency. This bill specifically outlaws any centralization and further outlaws the direct or indirect establishment of a national gun registry.

In my mind that may be a very little to give in order to get a lot of 2nd amendment protection.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Let's think of it like this. Give a little get a little.
    No, I think of it like this: too many good Americans have died to defend our Constitution, and I'll be damned if I'll support any "compromise."
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    They pass this,their foot is in the door.The next time,they add something else and something else.When it's all said and done,,they will dictate what we can carry.No thanks.
    Ghost1958 and Oldpsufan like this.

Distinguished Member
    Let's think of it like this. Give a little get a little. We alreadly have to fill out a 4473 to buy a gun from a dealer. The dick heads think expanding that to private sales will reduce crime. We know that's false. But by giving them a hollow victory and a feel good worthless solution, we get in exchange the ability to transport guns anywhere in the country with immunity from arrest. His bill reads that anyone transporting a gun in conformance with the safe storage rules can bring the gun ANYWHERE and not be subject to arrest or detainment by any state or local law.

We are already filling out 4473s and the paperwork is not centralized to any govt agency. This bill specifically outlaws any centralization and further outlaws the direct or indirect establishment of a national gun registry.

In my mind that may be a very little to give in order to get a lot of 2nd amendment protection.
    The devil is in the details. Do you know everything that you are givining up? Some state laws banning private sales have been so poorly written that letting your buddy hold your new gun purchase to look it over is illegal. The anti gunners want you to think all you are agreeing to is a minor inconvienence that won't hurt you because you don't break the law. While in reality you (legal gun owners) will the the only one affected and stopped from doing what was once legal. Criminals won't be affected because they don't obey the law to begin with.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I said this when everyone was rejoicing about the 1st one being defeated.... this is not going away, we as gun owners can dig our heals in a shack our heads no or we can get involved and get the best bill we can get. There will be a background check bills pasted, the Dems have staked themselves to this issue so they have to pass something, out input in need to ensure its not something crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my opinion!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I said this when everyone was rejoicing about the 1st one being defeated.... this is not going away, we as gun owners can dig our heals in a shack our heads no or we can get involved and get the best bill we can get. There will be a background check bills pasted, the Dems have staked themselves to this issue so they have to pass something, out input in need to ensure its not something crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my opinion!
    Quite a few people said that the first time and were wrong.

To quote Margaret Thatcher, "This is not the time to go wobbley."

Very Very right you all are. Let's put it this way. Dick Head Machin says, "just read the bill, and tell us what you don't like". We don't like the citizenry having to jump through a new legal hoop. Albiet, a worhtless ineffective hoop. But let's just say for arguments sake, that NICS checks were expanded to gunshows. And the bill now outlaws a registry and records centralization. And it makes interstate transport legal. What other specific provisions would yall like to see in the bill that further protects our 2nd amendment rights?

Distinguished Member
    Very Very right you all are. Let's put it this way. Dick Head Machin says, "just read the bill, and tell us what you don't like". We don't like the citizenry having to jump through a new legal hoop. Albiet, a worhtless ineffective hoop. But let's just say for arguments sake, that NICS checks were expanded to gunshows. And the bill now outlaws a registry and records centralization. And it makes interstate transport legal. What other specific provisions would yall like to see in the bill that further protects our 2nd amendment rights?
    For starts a bill that doesn't begin by limiting rights. I won't play that game; it doesn't end good.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Arrow Flooding tho office

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    The jerk better not get anything but a F rating from the NRA next rating session. And you WV's better be flooding his office with calls, letters, and faxes telling him what an idiot he is.

This is my idea, We could slow the calls to the reps who are behind us. we should all call all the reps who are not for us and flood their offices i dont mean just for our state I mean the whole darn country call theses morrons and tell them how we feel. im from ohio and have been calling ny wv pa and cali to name a few.

What do I make of it? Teasers and sweeteners, so they can push the rest.

But let's just say for arguments sake, that NICS checks were expanded to gunshows. And the bill now outlaws a registry and records centralization. And it makes interstate transport legal. What other specific provisions would yall like to see in the bill that further protects our 2nd amendment rights?
    The threat of full tracing, tracking, records-keeping and abuse is just too real. As Missouri's felonious few have shown this past several months, all that's necessary to severely abuse the tracking is the will to do so, the will to hide it from public view, and the "nod" from one's managers.

What should exist regarding arms in the hands of citizens: the Second Amendment, and a supporting amendment altering/strengthening the language to specifically proclaim fiddling and futzing with the "shall not be infringed" part constitutes high treason and high crimes against the People, to be treated as such, and that all existing and future related legislation is null and void.

IMO, anything else is merely postponing the inevitable, sweeteners while we choke on the bones.

No dice.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links