Girls with Guns Takes 8 yr Old Under Wing

This is a discussion on Girls with Guns Takes 8 yr Old Under Wing within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For a little insight, not too long ago our local ladies set out on a business venture that was sure to fit into our neck ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By mprp
  • 1 Post By varob
  • 1 Post By mprp
  • 1 Post By Manderinobyebye
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Girls with Guns Takes 8 yr Old Under Wing

Girls with Guns Takes 8 yr Old Under Wing

For a little insight, not too long ago our local ladies set out on a business venture that was sure to fit into our neck of the woods very well with all of the outdoor activities around here. For those of you who aren't familiar, "Girls with Guns" or "GWG" was started in my town and seems to be gaining momentum by creating and selling their brand of women's outdoor clothing. This is how our ladies roll in my neck of the woods and it doesn't get any better.

Girls with Guns Clothing | Women's Apparel

But I digress. There is a local story that has to do with fighting for our 2A rights.

Not far from here there is another little town which is home to a fine young lady; an 8 year old competition shooter who loves to show off her interest and love of her sport by wearing her GWG brand clothes to school. So you can imagine how GWG feels about it when they're told by this young lady's mom that the school believes that this is promoting violence. They're a bit offended that the school is in essence, punishing a child because of their clothing brand which is completely off-mark of any violence whatsoever. Here's the conversation with NRAVideos and the founder of Girls with Guns with a quote taken:

"What bothers me the most is that this little girl is just simply promoting her sport, the shooting. It's not different than the wrestling team or the football team you know. And those sports, people are hurt every day in those sports and I'm sure there's a much less chance that she would be hurt you know, doing the rifle team and doing her shoots and everything that she does..."
    Just look at the pride on her little face @ 1:10 and then try and tell me that she shouldn't be allowed to express her accomplishments. (CAUTION: Seeing the look on girl's face may lead to screen going blurry)

8-Year Old Girl Told She Couldn't Wear a "Girls With Guns" T-Shirt - YouTube

Well, this is where the fight is and I will be there in person to support this young lady who is doing nothing more than exercising her 1st and 2nd. I could literally feel my blood pressure rise when my wife showed this to me on her FaceBook.

No, she wasn't expelled or humiliated in front of a cafeteria, (yet) as she was only told that she cannot wear the clothing to school but this needs to be nipped in the bud and I already have the calendar marked for May 21 to show up at Lake Elementary School, which by the way, the principal of the school is also a shooter.

I'm hopeful that the little school called Lake Elementary will be kind enough to teach, abide by and encourage our Constitution and will be able to accurately explain why on May 21, the parking lot looks more like a Friday night high school homecoming game to its young students.

I will be contacting people here locally to see if they will join me in supporting "our girl" and here's the link to the school if anyone is interested in giving their input. And of course being civil and tactful goes without saying. The principal is a shooter too but probably just needs to be encouraged by us to take a stand against frivolous feelgoodery and the relentless attack on the Second Amendment we've witnessed so much of lately around the country.

Lake Elementary School homepage: Lake Elementary School District - Home

Congratulations on your accomplishments young lady! You have more than you know on your side!
    sdprof and 84160 like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Someone with deep pockets should challenge this in court (NRA). This nonsense needs to stop.;
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Someone with deep pockets should challenge this in court (NRA). This nonsense needs to stop.;
    Well I would say that you're right as far as needing to stop but I believe it's not just a case for court. I think that fighting these things on a more personal level, actually showing up for support and displaying a positive community attitude toward what this kid does and represents is where the rubber meets the road. When it hits close to home like this one has me, it's time for us to take a stand as a community, show up or shut up.

It's a shame that it has to come down to parents having to come together in order to make sure that our kids don't fall victim to ignorant presumptions by other adults, but we'd be damned to sit around and let it happen. This kid, as well as her sport are both well deserving of a good turnout and applause by those who live around here. We ARE the NRA.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    The stupidity never stops.I guess social media and all brings more attention.I started at about her age.I didn't go thru anything,like some of these kids.Maybe,it's the culture,i don't know.Kinda like the 13 yr old kid in N.J.,that caused an uproar,because he was holding a 22 in camos,on his porch.That's no big thing here.
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    You should remind them(the school{board}) of a word such as "Diversity".

Remember that word, the "buzz word" we keep getting shoved down our throats every day from the MSM, the White House and those who would sell us out,

Tell them that to impugn her (the 8 yr old girl) "culture" and "lifestyle" is an insult to the multi-cultural movement that is so prevalent in this country at present.

That just might shut them up.

Good luck in the fight.
    mprp likes this.

I was just thinking if there is some legal cases established, school systems across the country might be scared of similar l awsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    For a little insight, not too long ago our local ladies set out on a business venture that was sure to fit into our neck of the woods very well with all of the outdoor activities around here. For those of you who aren't familiar, "Girls with Guns" or "GWG" was started in my town and seems to be gaining momentum by creating and selling their brand of women's outdoor clothing. This is how our ladies roll in my neck of the woods and it doesn't get any better.

Girls with Guns Clothing | Women's Apparel

But I digress. There is a local story that has to do with fighting for our 2A rights.

Not far from here there is another little town which is home to a fine young lady; an 8 year old competition shooter who loves to show off her interest and love of her sport by wearing her GWG brand clothes to school. So you can imagine how GWG feels about it when they're told by this young lady's mom that the school believes that this is promoting violence. They're a bit offended that the school is in essence, punishing a child because of their clothing brand which is completely off-mark of any violence whatsoever. Here's the conversation with NRAVideos and the founder of Girls with Guns with a quote taken:

Just look at the pride on her little face @ 1:10 and then try and tell me that she shouldn't be allowed to express her accomplishments. (CAUTION: Seeing the look on girl's face may lead to screen going blurry)

8-Year Old Girl Told She Couldn't Wear a "Girls With Guns" T-Shirt - YouTube

Well, this is where the fight is and I will be there in person to support this young lady who is doing nothing more than exercising her 1st and 2nd. I could literally feel my blood pressure rise when my wife showed this to me on her FaceBook.

No, she wasn't expelled or humiliated in front of a cafeteria, (yet) as she was only told that she cannot wear the clothing to school but this needs to be nipped in the bud and I already have the calendar marked for May 21 to show up at Lake Elementary School, which by the way, the principal of the school is also a shooter.

I'm hopeful that the little school called Lake Elementary will be kind enough to teach, abide by and encourage our Constitution and will be able to accurately explain why on May 21, the parking lot looks more like a Friday night high school homecoming game to its young students.

I will be contacting people here locally to see if they will join me in supporting "our girl" and here's the link to the school if anyone is interested in giving their input. And of course being civil and tactful goes without saying. The principal is a shooter too but probably just needs to be encouraged by us to take a stand against frivolous feelgoodery and the relentless attack on the Second Amendment we've witnessed so much of lately around the country.

Lake Elementary School homepage: Lake Elementary School District - Home

Congratulations on your accomplishments young lady! You have more than you know on your side!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I was just thinking if there is some legal cases established, school systems across the country might be scared of similar l awsuits.
    This is true and any / all avenues are welcome. The gloves come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links