Gov. Brown OKs funds to confiscate guns

This is a discussion on Gov. Brown OKs funds to confiscate guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks what happening in Cali aka Mexifornia! Gov. Brown OKs funds to confiscate guns from criminals, mentally ill - latimes.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Gov. Brown OKs funds to confiscate guns

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Gov. Brown OKs funds to confiscate guns

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

$24M of surplus funds?????? Cali is in debt so far they can't open their mouths without filling with ....stuff.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

...I have no problem with somebody in government enforcing the existing laws to remove firearms from the possession of those who have become felons or SERIOUSLY mentally ill...this is what gun owners have been screaming for "them" to do instead of laying heavier burdens upon those of us who are law-abiding and qualified to own guns...
    ...fact is, it takes money to accomplish it...and I'd rather them spend it enforcing existing laws than setting up offices and hiring more people to administer the latest, greatest gun legislation that further attacks our rights...

...this program is not new...they've been doing it since 2007, this is additional funding to do it more completely...they've got a lot out there that they haven't been able(so they say) to get to because of funding issues...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3117238.html
    Wreckr, DVido, Cook74 and 2 others like this.

That's a good thing, criminals and the mentally unstable make me a gun owner in Cali look bad. People ask me why do I have guns? I say for protection of my home and family. They say just call the police. I say police wont stop the crime, they will just report the crime afterwards
    NRA member
    2 pistols, 3 calibers.

LE are not obligated to protect the private citizen but to Protect the General Public from the miscreants commonly known as Criminals.
    Wreckr likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    If they are criminals and seriously mentally ill,they should take them.
    Wreckr likes this.

Several stories in Cali involve a spouse seek mental care! Upon getting the care their spouse has their firearms taken!

So is everyone comfortable having their firearms taken if a family member seeks mental care?
    CIBMike likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

...nobody said that...nor does the article that you posted...it says SERIOUS mental illness...what you're asking is a whole other subject...
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Several stories in Cali involve a spouse seek mental care! Upon getting the care their spouse has their firearms taken!

So is everyone comfortable having their firearms taken if a family member seeks mental care?
    Wreckr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...nobody said that...nor does the article that you posted...it says SERIOUS mental illness...what you're asking is a whole other subject...
    The DOJ in Cali considers anyone in the mental health system "serious"! Any firearm in their home is taken and you can file legal action to get it back!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...bear-arms.html

Just because it does not say it, if you are a legal gun owner and you have someone in your home who seeks mental care, California will take your guns.

VIP Member
    I was not aware of gun confiscation. I would like to see the text of the law (not the senate bill for funding). If anyone has a link handy please post.

I curious as to what due process protections are in place, if any, and what it means to be "mentally ill" under the statue.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

...we have to file legal action often when our rights are abused...I didn't say their system was flawless or that it was being administered fairly...I said what I said...whether they're fair about deciding that mental health problems are serious enough to confiscate is another matter...at state and federal levels...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    If they are criminals and seriously mentally ill,they should take them.

Read this account: Law Abiding Man?s Guns Confiscated in CA Due To Wife?s Voluntary Mental Hospitalization
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...you could read the link I posted and research that particular program that they've been enforcing since '07...it should be available online...
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I was not aware of gun confiscation. I would like to see the text of the law (not the senate bill for funding). If anyone has a link handy please post.

I curious as to what due process protections are in place, if any, and what it means to be "mentally ill" under the statue.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...we have to file legal action often when our rights are abused...I didn't say their system was flawless or that it was being administered fairly...I said what I said...whether they're fair about deciding that mental health problems are serious enough to confiscate is another matter...at state and federal levels...
    Agree with that. Of course, it's the Cali and the 9th circuit, which means its "outcome based appellate reivew." Hopefully an aggrieved party has deep pockets available...

I'll never live in that state.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links