Ultimate question for an election candidate

This is a discussion on Ultimate question for an election candidate within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, if you were in a position where you were able to ask an election candidate one question, what would be the ultimate question that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ultimate question for an election candidate

So, if you were in a position where you were able to ask an election candidate one question, what would be the ultimate question that would trap them into revealing their true belief of what the Second Amendment means?

For example if we ask: "Do you support the Second Amendment?"
    We would get the usual banter of, "Yes, I believe every law biding citizen should be able to protect themselves and hunt."

How about if we ask: "Do you believe the Second Amendment is important for securing our freedoms?" Or even, "important for national security?"

How would you state the question, and how would it reveal their true standings?
    The ultimate goal is to determine if someone will be a powerful advocate for us, and ensure that our government will not infringe on our rights.
    WE THE PEOPLE created the federal government. It is our “creature” as stated by Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson.
    Our “creature”, can lawfully do only what WE authorized it to do in our Constitution. WE did not give our “creature” power to control medical care or our guns. - Publius-Huldah

VIP Member
    My question would be “What is your interpretation of the meaning and intent of the Second Amendment?”
    Nmuskier and NONAME762 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Mine would be " The 2nd Amendment guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms with no interference from state local or federal government. Shall not be infringed means not interfered with. No gun law passed to date has been effective or accomplished anything except to infringe on law abiding citizens rights while doing nothing to disarm criminals. Those are the facts. Now do you support across the board repeal of all Federal state and local gun control laws and return to abiding by the 2nd Amendment of U.S. Constitution?"""

Assuming I could get that said before security swarmed me and hauled me away.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Actions speak louder than words.
    True that. Ok Ill learn sign language and sign it out as I ask it too.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    The only way I would ask a question of a politician is if they are hooked up to a lie detector.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    While hooked up to the above..."Would you tell a lie to win an election? Will you do what you say you'd do, regardless of the gifts and pressures offered by your cohorts?"
    msgt/ret likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"What do you consider to be 'common sense' steps to avoid incidents such as the shooting at Sandy Hook, while still maintaining the rights affirmed in the 2nd Amendment?"

Will you vote FOR any gun control legislation?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    "Do you believe in the Constitution should be interpreted and applied as written?".
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    My question would be “What is your interpretation of the meaning and intent of the Second Amendment?”
    I went to this *Meet Our Guy* event once a few years back just so I could ask that question. What I liked about this guy was when I asked him this question he didn't waver or dodge. He gave a clear concise answer that I found acceptable. The best part of his answer was it didn't take him but a few seconds to give his answer to me. Not the usual 3 to 5 minutes of senseless babble issueing forth from an incumbent that plays the game like his croney pals. He was a stand up guy in my book.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    .A response i got, from one of our Senators,is what i want to hear::As Americans, we have the right to defend ourselves, our families and our property, and the federal government should not interfere with this right.I received that a few months ago from Tim Scott(R)That said,action does speak louder than words.

VIP Member
    Until we have term limits and a more proficient means of recall, we will have politicians that say anything that they think that you want to hear in order to be elected/re-elected.

I'd like to see an employment contract where they are held to certain key commitments that they make. Void the promise, enforce the contract. No recall election, just "you're fired".

This sort of employment contract is nothing new to the private sector, but unheard of in the world of the professionally incompetent.
    ccw9mm, joker1 and msgt/ret like this.

"Discuss the Constitution and what it means to you, specifically addressing each of the BOR amendments, and specifically identifying what you will/won't do regarding each during your temporary representation." With none of this zippy sound-byte response crap allowed, no cutting off the questioner when the question isn't answered fully and while the questioner still has questions about those replies.

I, too, would like to see an iron-clad employment contract implemented for every single executive/legislative/judicial person hired, as well as an iron-clad (perhaps constitutional amendment) criminal standard created for material breach of oath of office (focusing on the protecting and defending the Constitution part, and the good faith part).

Agreed, that until we can recall/fire them at will, criminalize the crimes they commit, criminalize the oaths they break, and wipe clean the "gravy train" mentality we've got in all branches, we'll not get far.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You do realize that criminals do not follow existing laws, right?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links