Obama: 'This was just the first round' on trying to pass gun control measures

This is a discussion on Obama: 'This was just the first round' on trying to pass gun control measures within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Things happen somewhat slowly in Washington. But this was just the first round," Obama said. "I believe we'll eventually get that done. We'll keep on ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Camo
  • 1 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: Obama: 'This was just the first round' on trying to pass gun control measures

"Things happen somewhat slowly in Washington. But this was just the first round," Obama said. "I believe we'll eventually get that done. We'll keep on trying."
    Obama: 'This was just the first round' on trying to pass gun control measures - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

Biden hasn’t told Obama about new gun plans
    Vice President Joe Biden is planning a new gun control offensive — he just hasn’t told the president yet.

Biden told a group of law enforcement officials Thursday that he is planning even more travel, with trips around the country to stump for a renewed push on expanded background checks and gun-trafficking laws that failed to pass the Senate last month.
    Joe Biden hasn?t told Obama about new gun plans - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Keep in mind The Brady Act did not pass the first time around..... We need to stay ever vigilant in our fight to keep the 2nd amendment intact..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Gun trafficking laws like the fast and furious that got a border patrol agent killed wasn't that done buy this great government?

Yes, yes it was actually. I wonder what Obummers lapdog, Holdum up Holder would have to say about that lil item??
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I'd characterize it as a warning round. The prudent person would take note.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

And he'll fail again.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    He didn't get what he wanted.No,it's not over,with this um person,ugh

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    And he'll fail again.
    God, I hope your right but I sure wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    And he'll fail again.
    Only if we stay in the fight with even more resolve, and continue to persuade others to do the same.
    Crowman likes this.

Links