are we screwed no matter what?

This is a discussion on are we screwed no matter what? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hey everyone im a gun owner and love my country, and believe in the constitution whole heartedly, but just cant help but wonder now matter ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: are we screwed no matter what?

Question are we screwed no matter what?

hey everyone im a gun owner and love my country, and believe in the constitution whole heartedly, but just cant help but wonder now matter what us patriots say or peacefuly try to do to to retain our rights to continue liveing the american way, its not gonna matter and its going to end up in an all out war against the tyranical govt. or worse. im excited to hear from you all!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think you need to relax. I recommend a chill pill, 60 mg, three times daily.

Seriously why do you think it will all end in some war against the government? Specifics please.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Someone's glass is half empty.
    Hopyard and Brad426 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Your tin foil hat is on a little tight.

Food for thought: If there is a "revolution" or uprising against the government because a large minority of folks do not like how the country is being run, what do you think the other 51 percent or more will think of an armed revolt? Even if they agree and sympathize with the large minority and agree with some of the views, the actions of overthrowing the government may totally work against you setting up a new government.

Just a thought...be careful for what you wish for or think.
    Hopyard and boatman like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Unfortunately, sentiments like that of the OP are the type of fodder used by the gun control crowd to create FUD around the issue. Look at the power of supporting organizations and politicians that share our beliefs, calling BS on politicians and others who twist the facts to scare people, and boycotting organizations that are against us. Most people are not that committed to anything, so real commitment like this (completely logical and non-violent) gets noticed.

The power is in the number of people willing to stand-up and be heard.

I dont necessarily think it will come to that just stating a question. like I said I dont think this kind of thing would happen but if the pass a registration law, will you register all your wepons? and if they they do search and seizer, will you comply and let them take your wepons, and your god given right as a an American?

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmjoy View Post
    I dont necessarily think it will come to that just stating a question. like I said I dont think this kind of thing would happen but if the pass a registration law, will you register all your wepons? and if they they do search and seizer, will you comply and let them take your wepons, and your god given right as a an American?
    It is actually "your God given right". I do not beleive the man upstairs just gave it to Americans. It is for all people. Just a little pet peeve of mine
    PEF, Tzadik, HotGuns and 4 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

mkh
    I'm not sure whose tinfoil hat, ours or theirs, is on too tight but according to a recent survey some 29% of Americans think it is going to result in armed conflict.

Not arguing one way or the other but just stating the facts.

Poll shows 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be needed | Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I think you need to relax. I recommend a chill pill, 60 mg, three time daily.

Seriously why do you think it will all end in some war against the government? Specifics please.
    Here is some insight into why the OP may be thinking this way.

Poll shows 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be needed | Fox News

Poll: 29 Percent Say 'Armed Revolution' May Be Necessary To Protect Liberty - Reason 24/7 : Reason.com
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I think you need to relax. I recommend a chill pill, 60 mg, three time daily.

+1, Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Food for thought: If there is a "revolution" or uprising against the government because a large minority of folks do not like how the country is being run, what do you think the other 51 percent or more will think of an armed revolt? Even if they agree and sympathize with the large minority and agree with some of the views, the actions of overthrowing the government may totally work against you setting up a new government.

Just a thought...be careful for what you wish for or think.
    It'd be the 51% without guns, though...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The only revolution I'm interested in is at the ballot box (touchscreen???) in the next election cycle. The only problem with that idea is a shortage of folks running for office that actually have the stones to try and turn this ship around. I don't have much hope it will get better, but not giving up just yet.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

VIP Member
    If it's the same poll I read about yesterday, it's meaningless. The question was so poorly worded that from it we can discern nothing. From a post of mine yestereday:

The survey asked whether respondents agreed, disagreed, neither agreed nor disagreed or did not know or refused to respond to the statement: "In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties."

This is why I despise surveys. They are meaningless. What are "the next few years?" What does "might be?"

Try these:

"In the next few years, an invasion of Mexico might be necessary in order to protect our borders."
    "In the next few years, a collaborative space program with China might be necessary in order to deflect a near earth object."

For all three questions, I agree. "Might" can be less than a 1% likelihood. "The next few years" can be a long time. Logically I cannot disagree with the statement, as it is possible. I cannot say for certain that the opposite is true.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    That 29% have no clue how good things really are as compared to the totality of our history.

If your ONLY issue is 2A, things are still good compared to where they were only 20 years ago, at least with regard
    to handgun ownership and concealed carry. Even (or perhaps especially) in TX, there was no such thing as a CHL not that
    long ago. There was no FOPA, and there was no LEOSA, and both will eventually lead to some form of national reciprocity.

Things could be better economically, but they are downright wonderful in real terms with respect to international relations.
    OP, I've no clue how old you are, but I wonder if you were an adult during the Cuban missile crisis and if you know that we
    all almost went puff. Those bad old days are gone.

A country will always have problems just as every household and every family has problems.
    The folks who speak of rebellion don't respect our constitution, because if they did they would realize that we do things
    pretty much exactly as that instrument requires. We continue to have an elected president; two houses of Congress meeting regularly without any the critters being "disappeared" by a run-away executive. We continue to have a functioning Federal Judiciary. We continue to have individual states with their own governance under their own constitutions. It sure sounds to me like things are working about the way they were designed to work.

I mean no insult to anyone here, but IMO those who seek rebellion or who wish to promote it are either naive whiners and complainers, or uncommitted to our constitutional form of governance. And those who take steps to promote it are criminals.
    PEF and bombthrower77 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links