Gov Ammo Purchases

This is a discussion on Gov Ammo Purchases within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hopefully this one will gain traction. ..and so many thought this was just our imagination or a conspiracy theory. Right. Okla. lawmakers' Ammo Act targets ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Gov Ammo Purchases

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Gov Ammo Purchases

Hopefully this one will gain traction.
    ..and so many thought this was just our imagination or a conspiracy theory. Right.

Okla. lawmakers' Ammo Act targets government ammunition 'stockpiling'
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

2. Remove Ads

The ammo producers could help with this also by just limiting the govt to the amount of ammo they can purchase yearly or whatever. We all know they don't need a gazillion rounds. Also, the number of alphabet agencies that now have their own little leo fiefdoms needs to be hauled in also. I know that many, many years ago, I saw a writing on the authority for all of these little wannabees and how their establishment was not Constitutional. (maybe I'm barking at the moon.) All this does is creates more federal police agencies to enforce REGULATIONS and not laws. Otherwise, why would they need them. I didn't really think that regulations had the force of a law and therefore need a bullet to enforce it. All this does is puts a bunch of loose cannons on the street in my opinion. This is to enforce FEDERAL regs, not state. The states use their state patrols for enforcement I'm guessing even though they have started creating their own little fiefdoms also. Pretty soon, the National Hangnail Agency will require full auto MP5s and 20 million rounds to enforce the proper use of clippers.
    Kennydale likes this.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boutaswell View Post
    Also, the number of alphabet agencies that now have their own little leo fiefdoms needs to be hauled in also.
    That about sums it up.

Pretty soon, the National Hangnail Agency will require full auto MP5s and 20 million rounds to enforce the proper use of clippers.
    Oh, if only that weren't true.

Well since the government doesn't do a lot of reloading the mfg could ramp up components for resale and help the reloaders out a great deal. That alone would help. Besides these agencies seem to use a lot of defense quality ammo such as Federal white box hollow points which are not your standard cheap practice ammo. I still don't understand how all these supplies of ammo and components have been wiped out so completely. In any case the government and the present administration are causing, triggering and maintaining this whole problem. They own the responsibility for starting this mess.

yes and that is the way they want it. If they can't get the guns they will make the ammo as expensive and hard to get as possible.

Distinguished Member
    Conspiracy theory? Yes, yes it is. Lawmakers are not immune to twisted thought either.

Just because somebody agrees with you does not validate the theory, it only means there are more of you in the same delusion.

If you think that all of these government agencies are colluding to make ammo unavailable, you have no clue how Government works (or in this case doesn't work...they can't come together as a group to wipe their own butts). All this will do is make them think twice about spending money on ammo and eventually cost us all more in taxes. The various agencies had these contracts out BEFORE the new higher prices and are saving lots of taxpayer's money by executing the contracts at pre-inflation prices. They don't execute these contracts, then they will have to let new ones and we as taxpayers will be paying significantly more for less.

But like dealing with liberal gun grabbers, I wouldn't want the facts to get in the way, so have at it!
    ElMonoDelMar likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

I would like to be around when my grand kids are buying all the surplus ammo that our government is dumping because sensible minds were elected to office.

yeah I know, Keep dreaming.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    I would like to be around when my grand kids are buying all the surplus ammo that our government is dumping because sensible minds were elected to office.

yeah I know, Keep dreaming.
    They no longer sell outdated ammo supplies. And there is no surplus that term is no longer used.

Just think about all of the spent brass that they are currently not selling for re-loading. They currently shred it.

You would think the EPA would be having a hissy fit at the govt putting so much lead in the environment. Where are the liberals on that issue???
    Cheesewiz likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    The various agencies had these contracts out BEFORE the new higher prices and are saving lots of taxpayer's money by executing the contracts at pre-inflation prices.
    Okay. I'll buy that.

Now explain why they need such an insane amount of it in the first place.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Government purchases don't explain the shortage of .22 LR. I can't find any regular 40gr anywhere. I think we gunowners are also contributing to the shortage (i.e., stockpiling).
    Cheesewiz likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Hopefully this one will gain traction.
    ..and so many thought this was just our imagination or a conspiracy theory. Right.

Okla. lawmakers' Ammo Act targets government ammunition 'stockpiling'
    So... Let me get this straight. MSN is part of the "lame stream media" and everything they say is what they are told to say by Zero et al.

And, I'm not supposed to believe anyone but the Blaze, and Breightbach and Palooka Joe... But when MSN reports that Senators are convinced that the evil alphabet agencies ARE INDEED stockpiling ammo, it must be true.

I'm still confused?

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Now explain why they need such an insane amount of it in the first place.
    This has been posted on threads ad nauseum for the last few months. There are probalby 50 threads on this subject if the OP had searched.

It basically works out to about 1300 - 1600 rounds per year per agent. I've had weekend civilian training classes where we shot half that amount

This is one of the stupider conspiracy theories out there.

The govt. has not received delivery of billions of rounds of ammo.

They have only locked in a price for several years of orders.

Big deal.

VIP Member
    A recent survey indicated 29 percent of Americans think a revolution will be required in the next few years to change the current destructive course of the government. Look to the neighbor on your left, and look to the neighbor on your right. They have all the ammo. We didn't get the memo in time.
    diver1102 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links