When I have kids, this is what I will start them reading!

This is a discussion on When I have kids, this is what I will start them reading! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; check this out, I was surfing and came across these pictures of a childrens book. I really thought it was a joke at first but ...

check this out, I was surfing and came across these pictures of a childrens book.

I really thought it was a joke at first but I looked up the book and you can actually buy it from http://www.jpfo.org/u-brasco.htm (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership) for $5
    The more I think about it, I think this could be used as a conversion tool for anti's because it speaks truths on such a basic level that even a child could understand. I'm gonna get one and test it out on someone.

Interesting, entertaining and a good start to a great idea. However, as the proud father of two young boys (6 & 8) and a die hard conservative, there are some things in there I would't want them to see ... For example:

Dialing - I think we all agree that with all due respect to LEO - We'd rather be armed than rely on them when someone's coming through the window. However, I think it's important to teach respect and value of law enforcement to kids, not to make them see the police as impotent.

Japan - Is it really necessary to vilify an "ally" to young kids? Perhaps I'm naieve (sp? ironic) but is the Japanese govt really excersizing some control over me / us?

K is for Kills Kids and Murder - Why not let them watch a couple of horror flicks before bed?

With respect - Don't "try it out" on my kids!

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I agree with Kravjeff, that is a bit much for kids. Trust me, my sig line is all about not relying on the police as the end all of protection, but I think they are still our best "front line" of defense, and I don't want to put the wrong image of them into my sons mind.

IMHO, these topics are for the older people, not quote appropriate for the youngsters
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I agree, good idea but a bit over the top.
    I want my kids to respect police, but to also understand that they may not get there in time. I don't want them to think that the police just may not show up because they don't feel like it.
    I agree about the Japanese part too, I lived there before and may likely again, I don't really want to vilify them either.
    Interesting idea though, I wonder if there is a little less intense version? Ahh, I always talk to my kids about it anyways....

This will only backfire on us as the other side will say: See! There they are, really like that. What vicious nasty people! They ONLY think of KILLING everyone. No mater what the message is. They only read the words "murder" and "guns" and "stabbing" they never see the rest. But still IMHO it is way over the top for most people.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Links