Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned

This is a discussion on Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Excellent article by a college newspaper columnist. Long, but well worth your time to read and digest. My synopsis - "know thy enemy." Snell gives ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Waking the dragon How Feinstein fiddled while America burned

Excellent article by a college newspaper columnist. Long, but well worth your time to read and digest.

My synopsis - "know thy enemy." Snell gives dozens of valid reasons why he doesn't trust the anti-gunners, from the Administration on down.

Snell: Waking the dragon ? How Feinstein fiddled while America burned - Iowa State Daily: Opinion
    ctr, GlassWolf, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

He is right on so many of his talking points that its hard to pic just one. Very good read, thanks for sharing...
    pipedream likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

What a great article, though I don't really care for that "sheepdog" part. I think this was my favorite part

"In the American system, the rights of a single individual are what matters and are what our system is designed to protect. The emotional mob does not rule in America."

Saw that on Arfcom this morning - excellent article!!!

Excellent article... already posted in another thread on what would we settle for #126 here:
    What would we settle for?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Great read gasmitty, thanks for posting. I agree with Harryball that he makes a lot of great points and comparisons in there. Many of which would give a fence-sitter some good food for thought.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

You know, if you read it with an open mind... you could substitute gun rights or gun owners with Gays, with abortions, blacks and/or other minorities, etc.. We are being treated like second class citizens by those who always try to defend "second class citizens."

Isn't it ironic?
    gasmitty and cphilip like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Good article, thanks for posting.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Wow! Strong!! This guy needs to be the spokesperson for the NRA, SAF, GOA, etc..
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Good article clearly pointing to the road this country is starting down. We cannot go down that road. We just can't. I hope and pray we don't.

Distinguished Member
    This article perfectly captures the frustration of trying to reason with antis. Bravo to the author. He has his head on right...

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You know, if you read it with an open mind... you could substitute gun rights or gun owners with Gays, with abortions, blacks and/or other minorities, etc.. We are being treated like second class citizens by those who always try to defend "second class citizens."

Isn't it ironic?
    Interesting analogy, true still that everyone deserves equal rights. I think that the pro-regulation pundits rationale comes from a good place but they honestly couldn't see the forest through the trees. They are trying to protect everyone, but at what cost? Stripping rights of gun owners? Where is the line?
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."- George Washington

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting, very interesting article with lots of useful links.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Very good article.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    That was a good article.One thing,i won't do is waste 5 mins of my time with any antis,period.It's about like me talking to my wall.It gets old after a while,and it's useless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links