State nullification... for all you who hope it can work...

This is a discussion on State nullification... for all you who hope it can work... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The simple version: ENJOY!...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: State nullification... for all you who hope it can work...

State nullification... for all you who hope it can work...

The simple version:

ENJOY!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

it's not all about State Nullification . Article 18 and the Gun Control Act, and regulating "guns" by the Fedl Govt... is argued it is because of the "commerce clause" that the Fedl Govt can make laws that effect interstate commerce. That is clearly stated in both laws, that "interstate commerce" is what they argued gives the Fedl Govt authority to control guns.

Many of the laws directed towards guns made and kept within a state , and never leave that state, are based upon that the Fedl Govt would then NOT be able to argue it was involved in any interstate commerce..... therefore, the Fedl Govt would have no powers to regulate it per the constitution.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Nullification of clearly unconstitutional laws is not as cut and dry as some statists around here try to suggest. If the federal government has no constitutional authority to do something, and we have to trust federal courts to "referee" them, and they surprise no one by failing to do so, then the state actions are not so illegitimate. As far as I'm concerned, those who attack this line of thought by trying to dismiss those who hold it as irresponsible or naive are part of the problem. The states are supposed to keep the federal government in check, and when we passed the disastrous 17th Amendment we invited problems like this.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Nullification of clearly unconstitutional laws is not as cut and dry as some statists around here try to suggest. If the federal government has no constitutional authority to do something, and we have to trust federal courts to "referee" them, and they surprise no one by failing to do so, then the state actions are not so illegitimate. As far as I'm concerned, those who attack this line of thought by trying to dismiss those who hold it as irresponsible or naive are part of the problem. The states are supposed to keep the federal government in check, and when we passed the disastrous 17th Amendment we invited problems like this.
    But, pass it we did...

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Hopyard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links