If Floridians had ANY question whatsoever - Nelson's response to my contacts.

This is a discussion on If Floridians had ANY question whatsoever - Nelson's response to my contacts. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence. I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By FlaRon
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 5 Post By Cruel Hand Luke
  • 6 Post By OldVet

Thread: If Floridians had ANY question whatsoever - Nelson's response to my contacts.

If Floridians had ANY question whatsoever - Nelson's response to my contacts.

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting. I support universal background checks, and voted for them in the Senate this April.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety and access to mental health services.

I will continue to seek a path forward to reform our nation's gun laws. I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind as the debate on gun control moves forward. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like one that needs a boot out of office
    FlaRon, awoodpd13 and rigel42 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

mkh
    I guess he never read the part where he is supposed to represent us and not rule over us with his inane ideas on what is best for you and me.

The same idiotic response I received. He votes party lines. Time for him to go. His office has stopped responding to me and I have never once gotten a question answered I asked.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

He has long over extended his usefulness to the citizens of Florida.
    bseal likes this.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

The REAL sad story is that the 'useful idiots' in So. Florida (apologies to those with common sense mixed among them) just put this clown back into office for another six years...he couldn't care less about what people think...he's as liberal as they come.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Obviously he does not honor his oath.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Is he up for re-election? If so, lets hope Mr. Nelson looses his job....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The REAL sad story is that the 'useful idiots' in So. Florida (apologies to those with common sense mixed among them) just put this clown back into office for another six years...he couldn't care less about what people think...he's as liberal as they come.
    Well don't blame me, I voted for the other crook!

That's the same "paste" response he sends everyone.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You could always use this reply....

Mr Nelson,
    The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America does not have a damn thing to do with hunting. The word "hunting" does not appear in that amendment....or in the entire document.

I do not own an AK because I want to hunt. I own an AK in case I need to defend my home and family from multiple assailants....something that is a more common occurrence now according to FBI crime statistics. And in times of natural disaster when law enforcement is at best an optimistic wish and at worst a sad joke the presence of so called "assault rifle" will in fact make me and mine (and my entire neighborhood) much safer than if we were unarmed.

In fact if my life is in danger from murderous criminals bent on doing me harm I would in fact want the MOST efficient tool available for killing them. You know...the same kind of guns the Capitol Police use to guard you in the Senate.....So are we to assume that you will support legislation to take away the AR15s from the Capitol Police? Or is YOUR life more important and to be better protected than our lives and the lives of our families?
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

VIP Member
    Or:
    Dear Senator Nelson,
    The Second Amendment is not written to restrict the law-abiding Peoples from gun ownership for any reason, manner, or form; it's there to restrict the government from interfering in that right.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Is he up for re-election? If so, lets hope Mr. Nelson looses his job....
    Unfortunately, he was just re-elected for another 6 years. As to the OP, I never had any question about his stance. I've been on his "I don't want to hear from you" list for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Unfortunately, he was just re-elected for another 6 years. As to the OP, I never had any question about his stance. I've been on his "I don't want to hear from you" list for a long time.

On the S.649 anti-gunner bill back in April, here was Bill Nelson's (D-FL) voting record on the various amendments:

S.649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013.

C-SPAN voting (4/18/13 12p EST): click.

60 votes needed, for an amendment to get added to S.649:

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I just fired off another email restating my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting. I support universal background checks, and voted for them in the Senate this April.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety and access to mental health services.

I will continue to seek a path forward to reform our nation's gun laws. I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind as the debate on gun control moves forward. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson
    Please ... please ... contribute to any 2A candidate running against him in the next election he has to run in, and help them in their campaign efforts. Remember, he's contract labor.... your area hired him, your area can let him go on unemployment after the next election, or even do a recall petition... that gets their attention.

Hope you get him swayed, consider giving him a highlighted copy of the Heller decision ... .where it says..... "guns commonly used by citizens cannot be banned".... and even outline it.

see sign line.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links