Very proud to have Sentor Mike Green Represent Michigan

This is a discussion on Very proud to have Sentor Mike Green Represent Michigan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We need more like him..............he gets it! Thank you for emailing me on the important issue of protecting Second Amendment rights. I believe strongly in ...

Thread: Very proud to have Sentor Mike Green Represent Michigan

We need more like him..............he gets it!

Thank you for emailing me on the important issue of protecting Second Amendment rights.

I believe strongly in the individual right to keep and bear arms as recognized by the Second Amendment without infringement. I will oppose any legislation that diminishes the ability of law-abiding citizens to exercise this right, including bans or restrictions on currently-legal firearms and firearm accessories. For this reason, I co-sponsored Senate Bill 63, legislation known as the Firearms Protection Act, exempting Michigan-made firearms and accessories from federal gun control laws.

Both the state and federal government must address violence by:

∑ Enhancing the right of innocent individuals to defend themselves,

∑ Reforming our mental health system,

∑ Enforcing existing laws on the books,

∑ Prosecuting those who violate the law with appropriate charges, and

∑ Properly reporting disqualifier data to firearms-related background check databases.

I will support legislation that accomplishes these steps while respecting our right to keep and bear arms. As you may know, I introduced Senate Bill 59 last session to permit law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms in pistol free zones. The bill was passed by the Legislature but vetoed by the governor.

Already this session, I have introduced Senate Bills 112 and 213 to reform Michiganís concealed pistol license (CPL) law on behalf of law-abiding gun owners such as you. I have also introduced SB 349 to require our state to report all mental health firearm disqualifiers allowable under the federal HIPPA law to the NICS background check system.

Sincerely,

Mike Green

State Senator

517 373 1777

There is still hope yet....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Good to see an elected official actually representing his constituents!

Links